“A winning combination of food and service”

La Brasserie Bistro & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
La Brasserie Bistro & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 124 Restaurants in La Quinta
Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Washington Street
Description: Brasserie [bras-uh-ree], the French term for brewery, refers to an unpretentious restaurant that serves drinks and classic Parisian bistro food. La Brasserie Bistro & Bar is an authentic French bistro that juxtaposes sophistication, charm and casualness with a high-energy environment. Patrons are enveloped by the authentic style and comfort from the moment they walk through the door. The menu features fresh and traditional bistro cuisine prepared by the highly experienced, award winning French chef and owner, Emmanuel Janin. The chef/owners’ European influence is evident in every aspect of La Brasserie Bistro & Bar. From the ambiance, to the courteous service, and of course the food and wine; this family owned and operated bistro will be everyone’s favorite neighborhood eatery. The goal of Emmanuel and Kara Janin is to bring a traditional French bistro to La Quinta, and it’s called La Brasserie Bistro & Bar on the southwest corner of Highway 111 and Washington Street
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I love it when everything comes together and makes an experience perfect. This was our second meal at La Brasserie and despite the cool temperatures on February 1, we ate on the patio. Bread is fresh and served quick, the drinks are good, and the calamari appetizer served in coleslaw was creatively different. Main meals were liver and bacon, steamed mussels and steak. All were cooked to perfection and served promptly. The chef/owner of La Brasserie is from the Alsace region in France and he knows how to cook and run a restaurant. (Not always a combination that you find.) Sitting on the patio, it is hard to realize that you're in a shopping center and that Von's is only steps away. We will return, there are more dishes on the menu to try. (Next time, Wienerschnitzel!)

Reviewed January 28, 2014

When looking for a fine French restaurant I am a bit hesitant when people say "authentic". The food at this restaurant was not palatable let alone authentic cuisine. I lived in France for three years and fell in love with the food and the wine. I ordered the coq au vin and it was tasteless and over-cooked. The soup was cold and had to be sent back. The owner who is also the chef would not come to my table as requested so I could share my thoughts. I would rather have shared them in person, but as I was not able to at least I can share my experiences here.

3  Thank Gretchen F
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I had been very much looking to dining here. Perhaps this was an "off night" for this place but it was not even busy and yet the service could not have been more lacking. When I arrived they did not have my reservation and this caused a ten minute fiasco that was embarassing to me as my guests were business aquaintances whom I wanted to impress with a nice dinner. After finally being seated the server asked for our drink order. As I do not drink I ordered water and only one of the group ordered a cocktail. The cocktail arrived and had to be sent back as it was not what my guest ordered. After three times the bartender finally got it acceptably right. The food was good and prepared well. But the server made it feel like ashes in our mouth. I do not need to pay a fortune to be treated like a second class citizen. Once bitten ...

1  Thank Frank H
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We have been in La Quinta a number of times, but this was our first at La Brasserie. We went for dinner on Christmas eve and were so impressed we stopped back a couple of nights later to try other items on the menu. Service was fabulous and the food was delicious. Very french (including great bread) and not a bit of pretense. Eat duck there if you can. The brined pork chop is also wonderful. Cassoulet is very good - especially the homemade sausage in it - but we thought other menu items were more compelling. The seafood fettucine had a sauce that was so impressive my kids went after it with spoons once they had eaten everything else. I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I had not been to a French restaurant in a while. This was like an oasis in the desert. We had a great meal and the service was wonderful. Chef Emmanuel is top-notch and our service from Sylvie and the staff was excellent. All meals were prepared and presented very well and the outdoor setting was very pleasant. There was a small but nice selection of wines at reasonable prices. I liked the steak tartare which was seasoned nicely. I also had some east coast oysters which I liked. For dinner I enjoyed the Cordon Bleau, my wife had the Iceberg salad which she said was the best she ever had and the roast chicken with gnocchi, we she liked. The Osso Bucco was also well received. Dessert was the lava cake and a pear tart shared because we were full. You think of French restaurants being small portions, but these were ample, maybe owing to the chefs experience in Germany. Topped off with a glass of Port, a memorable evening.
Un grand dîner, une grande famille et une bonne nuit