“Wow - What a Difference 8 Months Makes”

La Quinta Cliffhouse Grill and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
La Quinta Cliffhouse Grill and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 120 Restaurants in La Quinta
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Washington Street
Description: From the moment you approach the Cliffhouse you are surrounded by the dramatic sights and sounds of this desert destination. Jutting from a massive rock outcropping above the desert floor the Cliffhouse is renowned for its spectacular views across the valley and providing a lively, casual destination to enjoy a menu of American classics with innovative preparations focused on premium steaks and seafood at great prices. The historic ranch house ambiance complete with a massive fireplace, expansive windows and rustic beamed ceilings creates a warm welcoming environment from which to gaze at the magnificent mountains, share a meal and conversation and stay awhile. The menu highlights vibrant flavors from the valley along with a generous selection of fresh fish and seafood. The wine list has been thoughtfully chosen to complement the food and provide reasonably priced selections including rare and limited bottles.
Arizona
“Wow - What a Difference 8 Months Makes”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I originally visited this restaurant in January of '13, and at that time the service we received was not good. My wife and I decided to give it another try and this time the experience was totally what I expected. The place is old school, with Sinatra music playing in the background. It is also very clean - even the restrooms were spotless and modern.

Zach greeted us and got us a seat in one of their semi-circular booths that are elevated and provide a sweeping view. David, the general mgr. was present and was helping the wait staff serve food and talk with diners, including us. His genuine approach and personality overshadowed our past experience and made us feel wanted - which was appreciated.

The food was excellent. My wife had the scallops and raved about them. I had the seafood stew, which is like cioppino - a tomato based broth with scallops, shrimp, fish, and even a nice big chunk of lobster. It was outstanding - I ordered some Tabasco to spice it up a bit and instead of just bringing me a bottle, they put the sauce in a serving dish and placed it next to my plate. What a nice touch.

This whole experience was what I had hoped for the first time and I am very glad we went back again. Kudos to both Zach and David, and a tip of the hat to Kip for contacting me after our first visit.

You should give it a try.

• Visited August 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Great Happy Hour”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Enjoy this place and come here every time when in Palm Desert area. Good wine and beer selection. Very interesting layout

Visited May 2013
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Nice Bar - Pretty Dining Room”
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant offers a sunset menu which had plenty of main course choices. Nice decor and good service with food that was nicely prepared. Recommend that you call the restaurant to learn of their nightly specials such as its popular Tuesday taco night in the bar.

Visited June 2013
“Nice sense of place”
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Sometimes the restaurant could be anywhere in the world and you wouldn't know it. We had a lovely meal on the patio, next to a rocky cliff that was definitely desert. The food was good, the service was great. The bar was backed up and we had to go looking for the wine that should have come with our entres and the management ended up comping the round. All in all, a nice spot that felt like we were more remote than we were. We would come back for sure.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Sarah K
Montreal, Canada
“Amazing location, nice cuisine, beautifull restaurant”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

My husband and I went to the restaurant for the first time. It is a beautiful restaurant with large spacious room with high ceillings, large windows and a spectacular waterfall outside. The nice bar is perfect for happy hours. The food was simply amazing. The presentation was a continuation of surprises one after the other. If you are serious about good food, excellent service and wonderful setting, it is a unique environment. I recommended.

• Visited May 2013