“Nice night almost ruined by gabby waiter” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Cliffhouse Grill and Bar

La Quinta Cliffhouse Grill and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
La Quinta Cliffhouse Grill and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 119 Restaurants in La Quinta
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Scenic view, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Washington Street
Description: From the moment you approach the Cliffhouse you are surrounded by the dramatic sights and sounds of this desert destination. Jutting from a massive rock outcropping above the desert floor the Cliffhouse is renowned for its spectacular views across the valley and providing a lively, casual destination to enjoy a menu of American classics with innovative preparations focused on premium steaks and seafood at great prices. The historic ranch house ambiance complete with a massive fireplace, expansive windows and rustic beamed ceilings creates a warm welcoming environment from which to gaze at the magnificent mountains, share a meal and conversation and stay awhile. The menu highlights vibrant flavors from the valley along with a generous selection of fresh fish and seafood. The wine list has been thoughtfully chosen to complement the food and provide reasonably priced selections including rare and limited bottles.
Topeka, Kansas
“Nice night almost ruined by gabby waiter”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

If you go here and get Rick from Kentucky for a waiter be prepared to tell him right away you want service and not gab. We made the mistake of being polite and were subjected to endless stories of his time in the service his girlfriends in South Carolina and lots of other junk. All this while waiting a long time for food. This can be a very nice place but he seems to do all he can to wreck an evening .

• 2 of 5 bubbles

Chicago, Illinois
“Great Happy Hour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our food and drink at happy hour on Wednesday, March 27th. We didn't know how popular the Cliffhouse would be so we arrived when happy hour started at 3:30. By 4:15 the patio was full and by 4:45 the interior bar was full. Yes, it is a popular spot. The service was pleasant and efficient. We were give water as soon as we sat down. My mai tai was fabulous and it was a happy hour special. We shared crab cakes for a starter followed by ribs for my husband and one fish taco for me. All were great. The patio is nicely shaded by large trees and the mountain. The only down side was hearing the car traffic on Highway 111 but it wasn't loud enough to interfere with talking. You could not see the highway which was a big plus. We will certainly return for happy hour and dinner.

Media, PA
“A very special and unique experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Excellent food, fantastic service, and unique ambiance make this a favorite for our trips to the Coachella Valley. This week, our waiter Nick was fantastic with so much knowledge and advice about wine and the menu! He was engaging and we had some common geography that made for some laughs. I LOVED my salmon dish and everyone else enjoyed their entrees as well.
The special location on the cliff side makes you feel as if you are really getting a unique experience. There is outside dining that I'd love to try close to the wall of the cliff. But we asked for a sunset view on line and were accommodated. We shared delicious desserts. Upon leaving, the manager again was personable and excited about his restaurant and answered any questions our companions had about the restaurant. There were thrilled by their experience at Cliffhouse and you will be too!

Mission Viejo, California
“Stay in the Bar and Enjoy Happy Hour!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

We came early to get a drink in the bar before our reservation. Glad we did as the service and ambiance was terrific. Once we got to our table in the dining room however it was a disappointment. Took a long time for the waiter to acknowledge us and refresh drinks. We were crammed into a tiny table of two next to other tables of two that were placed so close together I could have eaten off my neighbors' plates. And I probably should have as my entree ended up not being very good. Beet salad starter was excellent but the petite filet I ordered medium rare that arrived was V-shaped and overcooked. Although I almost never send food back, I had to with this. By the time they got another filet to me my husband was done with his dinner. The waiter was no where to be found once I sent back the steak. No more bread....no I'm sorry. I almost did eat off my neighbors' plates. Ha! Eventually a manager came by and apologized but that was it. I would have expected an offer of a free dessert or a glass of wine as the wait for entree went into the 15-20 plus minute mark. Husband's Ahi was good so give I'd give it another chance but next time, I'll eat bar food in the bar for good value. The price in dining was high enough I shouldn't have had these complaints.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hailey
“touristy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

I've been curious about the Cliffhouse for 20 years and finally had dinner there. We had reservations, but had to wait 20 mins. The dining area is large and the tables are right next to each other. I don't want to hear other people's conversation when I'm eating. The food was acceptable, but a bit bland & boring. The wine was very over priced! i.e.; a bottle I buy a Costco for $15, they are selling for $60. I've been there once & that's enough. The early birds in the bar looked they were having more fun!

Visited March 2013