“Very nice place”

Morgan's in the Desert
Reserve with OpenTable
Morgan's in the Desert is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 120 Restaurants in La Quinta
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Morgan’s in the desert, by James Beard Award winning Chef Jimmy Schmidt, welcomes guests for dinner with Contemporary American Cuisine, boutique new world wines, crafted vintage cocktails, and live entertainment. Join us at the piano bar, in the hacienda dining room or on the fire-lit courtyard. Join us for a relaxed yet refined dining or cocktail experience.
Reviewed March 1, 2012

My wife and I had dinner here Feb 27. Service and food were excellent. The dining room has a casual south west feel and a very nice fireplace. There are not a huge number of choices on the menu but enough. My wife had the scallops and I had the short ribs, all excellent. But the bet was the smores for dessert. These are a must have! We will be back!

There are newer reviews for Morgan's in the Desert

Reviewed February 29, 2012

I went solo and sat at the bar for dinner. It was very comfortable and they had music playing, which was a touch loud, but nice. I had a cocktail, a filet mignon and a vegetable and all was excellent. The food tasted fresh, was prepared exactly as I had asked and the service was friendly and prompt. I really enjoyed it even though I was there alone. It was relatively expensive, but not surprising for the quality of food and for the fact that it is in a resort. I would go back.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Casually elegant! We celebrated my wife's birthday, and the food and service were outstanding, without being overbearing. Filet and the Duck Breast were very good. Save room for desert.

Reviewed February 25, 2012

Spectacular scenery and venue is authentic early California Spanish Colonial. Food and service excellent with an appealing wine list focused on California - of course!

Reviewed February 22, 2012

The restaurant is beautiful, upscale and yet cozy. Food was the best, and the service very good.