“Fun in the sun”

La Quinta Mountain Course
More attraction details
Owner description: A challenging 18-hole course.
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Came here in the summertime. Was a good value; course was in great condition. Just go early in the summertime (obviously).

Reviewed January 5, 2012

From the La Quinta Resort Golf Clubhouse on, this is a first rate golf experience. Play the Dunes Course for less money and virtually the same experience.

Reviewed December 23, 2011

well maintained beautiful course surrounded by mountains

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Just played the La Quinta Mountain course. Excellent course. The fairways are in great shape. The greens were slow and a couple of them didn't survive the re-sodding that was done, but overall they still rolled very true and didn't cause any issues. The Mountain course is a little hotter than other courses since it is right up against the mountain and the rocks act like brick ovens. But it's a beautiful course and a fun layout.

1  Thank mrwolfinca
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I played the Mountain Course with some buddie on a golf trip in July of 2011. This is the off season for the area, so the green fees were extremely reasonable and it was very easy to find tee times to fit our group's schedule.
There were not many negatives to this course, but I'll get them out of the way first. Because if was the off season, it seemed that everything closed very early. On the day we played, we had three groups teeing off at 1:00. They did not have a cart girl on the course (I believe the vehicle broke down that morning) and it was very hot. We stopped at the clubhouse at the turn (around 3:30) and everything was closed. Restaurant was closed. Bar was closed. We were not able to get anything to eat or drink in the middle of the afternoon except for some crackers and a coke in the pro shop. There were more than enough people on the course for them to kept at least one person working the bar area until we got off the course.
The only other negative about the course is that the driving range does not allow anything but irons to be hit. I would have liked to have been able to hit a few drives before playing, but this was not permissible on the short range.
Beyond these two items, I have nothing negative to say about this beautiful course. I have never played a course with better scenery. The course literally winds its way through mountains for almost the entire 18 holes. We played the Mountain Course, the Stadium Course, and the Nicklaus Tournament Course on our trip and this was my favorite of the group.
Beyond being a pretty course, it is also extremely fun to play. I'm a fairly high handicapper, but I did not find the course to challenging to have fun. This length of the course is easily manageable. There is certainly plenty of trouble out there, but if you're hitting good shots, you can make a good score on this course. It's not nearly as tricked-up as the Stadiuim Course. I had a tough time on the greens, but that was my fault. They were running very fast, but true.
I also thought the service at the Mountain Course was more than adequate. Everyone was nice and helpful while we were there. The GPS on the carts is excellent, and ice water jugs are on every cart (you'll need them if you play when we did).
All in all, this was one of my favorite courses I have ever played. I would encourage everone in the area to play a round out there. It would be #1 on my list in the area by a long shot.

2  Thank TomMontgomery