Review Highlights
Decent Course in Great Shape

This is a challenging, yet fair course that was in great condition when we played it. The downside... read more

Reviewed December 19, 2017
RobertR402
Scottsdale, Arizona
Nice course

Nice course, like the layout. Greens were in great shape. The starter gave us a heads up on... read more

Reviewed December 3, 2016

from $140.00
from $169.00
from $199.00
More Info
All reviews in great condition pete dye courses bermuda golf marshal clubhouse
Selected filters
Reviewed March 19, 2019

An interesting Pete Dye design. The greens are relatively small with significant swales creating challenging putting. The fairways, greens (good speed), approaches and bunkers were well maintained. The rough was a combination of dormant bermuda and splotchy over-seeded rye so not nearly as good as rest of course and competing courses. Some of the tee boxes are relatively small so show a little more wear than expected. Some play is through what appears to be large rain drainage areas so the fairway/rough and even some bunkers are wet. Overall, a good value for the green fee.

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed January 29, 2019 via mobile

Overall excellent experience on this course. For a Pete Dye course, very fair and straightforward. Played many Dye courses and he can get a little extreme, especially for the average golfer. This course is not the case. Still very fun to play and course was in great condition. Staff from the Head Pro, Ian on down through Pro Shop staff, outside attendants, starter/marshals and beverage cart were all very polite and helpful. Probably the least well known of the five courses at the beautiful La Quinta Resort, but well worth your time to play. Highly recommend this course to anyone visiting the area.

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed February 6, 2018

Two strikes against this course.1) Rental clubs are a ridiculous $85 and 2) some of the staff were less than helpful.

Rental clubs at other courses nearby are $25 but a set of ladies clubs were 85 here.

We asked one of the staff for suggestions of a bar nearby after we finished our round and he was not helpful at all. He didn’t even suggest the golf resort itself. We told another staff member on the course that our putter cover had come off the hole before; he said he would get it but never returned.

When there are so many choices in the area, it can be the little things that count. We won’t be back.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed February 1, 2018

Playing this golf course was one of the best golfing experiences I have had, from beginning to end....and it was good value.
The practice, driving range was great.
The starter was fantastic - I wish I could remember his name - he was very friendly, helpful, and professional.
The riding cart was superb and came with its own electronic GPS system & yardage guide.
The course itself was in excellent condition and very well-manicured. I found the course was challenging but fair, had a good variety of hole designs, and was very picturesque.
I would play here again in a heartbeat.

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed January 23, 2018

This was the best golfing experience I’ve ever had! Craig Freeman gave me instructions I could implement immediately to improve my game. I arrived with the fundamental information I needed to hit a ball, but not predictably. I left with confidence in my form and actionable items I could use to play a round and not feel embarrassed by my inexperience. We go on vacation to have fun and golfing is a part of that for me, yet it can be intimidating and even stressful when you feel like you don’t belong on the course. Craig went above and beyond pairing us with a member who was so welcoming and gracious. Nancy, it was a treat to play with you and gain tips on course etiquette in such a non-threatening way. Can’t wait to play again! My sincere gratitude to you both. Thank you.

Date of experience: January 2018