New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I can not imagine camping in this location in the heat of the summer. Very few trees, picnic
tables. It is unfortunate this park has not been maintained and cared for. Lost opportunity
in beautiful surroundings.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank seven7up

B.C. Canada
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Quiet. Out of the way. N”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This man made lake and camp ground are very quiet and out of the way. We visited in Jan 2013 and drove around the lake.
Many are fishing in the stocked lake (trout). Kids under the age of 12 don't need a fishing licence if they're with an adult who has a valid one.

This would not be my type of camping as it seems barren to me. There are many motor homes and even tents all set up but not a lot of trees or shelter.

The lake is obviously man made as it sits in the middle of the desert. The mountains are bordering the lake and there are hiking trails visible from the driveway. Would be very handy to hike and explore.

The mountains serve as some shade or relief from the hot sun in the summer but in Jan it just seems grey and boring.

We did pick up a brochure and the prices are very reasonable.

So please be aware, I toured the Rec Area but I didn't stay overnight...that may offer a different experience.

Good luck.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank CanuckMama
Vancouver
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Unexpected Jewel in the Desert”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Living in Palm Desert, I thought I had seen most outdoorsy attractions in the valley until I saw a sign for this place, so I visited. It took about 20 minutes to get to from La Quinta, but it is worth it. The lake has very nice sandy beaches and picnic areas - it is very picturesque and unexpected. The camping looked quite decent and there were lots of trails in the mountains around the lake.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Octopustravels
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“RV Camping”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I hadn't known this park was here. I enjoyed staying here in my motorhome, lots of walking and beautiful vistas. Great rates, especially if you have Passport America. Can't swim in the lake or allow your dog to swim. Swimming pool was closed which was too bad, it looked nice; however the campground was not too crowded and it was quiet when I was there which I appreciated.

Visited January 2013
4 Thank Gingersky
Indio, California
148 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Way out there”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Found by mistake while looking for a house. The area has a good area for RV's and it was late so we didn't look around much. Will have to go back when more time is available but from the first glance it looked OK.

Visited December 2012