“Skeptical at first, very pleased by the end”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Lavender Bistro

Lavender Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Lavender Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 119 Restaurants in La Quinta
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Desert Club Drive
Description: Experience Lavender Bistro. At Lavender we combine the finest meats and seafood with the freshest organic ingredients to create unforgettable dishes. Dine indoors in a warm, cozy atmosphere or on our stunning tree-lined patio. Lavender Bistro also prides itself on providing superb live music daily to set a warm and friendly atmosphere for you and your guests. For every occasion, to change the ordinary into extraordinary, come join us at Lavender Bistro, "the best kept secret of La Quinta", for a memorable dining experience.
Seattle, Washington
“Skeptical at first, very pleased by the end”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

I ate dinner here as part of a large business gathering. The location was chosen by someone else in our party. I have to admit that as soon as I walked through the place, and again when I looked at the menu, I was expecting to be a little disappointed by boring, bland food in an outdoor courtyard that reminded me of something you'd see at Disneyland. I was afraid that our party was just going to be moved along as quickly as possible. Thankfully, I was reminded, once again, that I don't always have the most accurate first impressions. Staff was friendly, handling our large party with grace and only a very few, very minor hiccups. The food exceeded my expectations BY FAR. The calamari appetizer was spot on. The salad was incredibly fresh and light, but very, very flavorful. My meat was a tiny bit overdone, while one of my colleagues' steak was way underdone. But the side dishes (your basics like broccoli, twice baked potatoes, etc.) were anything but bland and rote. The outdoor patio was actually very pleasant and the ambiance grew on me by the end of the night. If you're considering this place, at all, I encourage you to give it a try.

• Visited March 2014

Langley City, Canada
“Too busy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Great restaurant and food when we visited New Year's Day but during the busy season watch out! Apparently you need to reserve a minimum of 1-2 weeks in advance to be seated in the beautiful courtyard otherwise you are inside with no music or ambience. In addition, the servers seem to disappear if you are seated inside. We poured our own wine and other tables around were looking for their servers but no one came. Food was ok but not as great as our prior visit.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank BV400
La Quinta,Ca
“MY favorite restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

Four for dinner-12 for happy hour(twice) Two for Dinner. Great food-service and entertainment.
Beautiful ambience.

• Visited February 2014
Portland, Oregon
“Great Restaurant with a lavender touch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

This is a very nice restaurant with a lavender decor, lavender drinks, and even lavender clothes for the employees... Nice touch. The food was good and service was excellent.

Visited March 2014
La Quinta, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Bad Anniversary Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

We spent our 37th Wedding Anniversary (3/13/14) at Lavender with the hopes of a great experience. I took care to call ahead to remind them of our special day. Service was rude/harassing. We had an 8:15 reservation for 5, but this night was not busy. The staff seemed to be in a hurry to leave. They tried to take my daughters plate when she was half done, hovered over us to snatch any plate appearing to be done with. Food quality was fair and bad. My NY Strip was over cooked badly, and when they remade it all other plates and food were cleared from the table. My wife's sea bass was ok yet salty but nothing else on the plate went with it. My son asked for a side of broccoli but brought him brocalini. Salad's & wine were ok. My son's filet was ok but daughters was a poor piece of meet. No one ever acknowledged our anniversary. The manager was not even there when I inquired, only the server. Very bad experience for $$$$$. Errors are made and forgiven, but they just "didn't care".

• Visited March 2014