“Are you kidding?”
Review of Panera Bread

Panera Bread
Ranked #42 of 125 Restaurants in La Quinta
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I remember eating at Panera in Chicago years ago so I thought I would try one here in the desert.

What a disappointment! I had a combo of veggie soup and sandwich. The soup tasted like Campbells canned soup, and the sandwich was a joke. Sun dried tomato doughy Wonder Bread with paper thin cucumber, unripe tomato, and a smidge of hummus.

Dreadful... but there was a glimmer of hope in the delicious crusty warm baguette that was on the tray. Was it enough to make me return? NOT!

I can't believe all these mundane chains, with flavorless food, that have the masses flocking to them.

Reviewed January 10, 2012

Every menu item is a winner. The "Pick Two" option is perfect for a great lunch.

Reviewed December 8, 2011

We like to eat fresh, healthy, and enjoy Panera. This Panera is excellent, great food, nice atmosphere, fresh baked bread, delicious soups, and salads, and you get a lot of food for the price.

I visit the Panera in Palm Desert on Highway 111, which has never disappointed, and was in La Quinta, so stopped in on my way from the courthouse. I am pleased!

Reviewed October 27, 2009

Best value in the Coachella Valley-fresh bread baked daily.
Not so sure about the person who complained about flies-do you live in the desert or just drop by once in awhile? Note-we getr large outbreaks of fly populations at different times of the year. When doors open, flies come in-ever happen where you live? Guess what? Flies go towards food-ever happen while you are eating?
My wife and I have been to Panera Bread countless times and we have never seen what was described in the other opinion. All big companies, like Panera have pest control programs in place. DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU DIFFERENT-PANERA ROCKS!!!!!

Reviewed May 24, 2009

Panera is a chain. Panera means Bakery. The choice of Breakfast is very good and the coffee is not bad at all. The service is cheerful. I like the Egg souffles they are wonderful with a Croissant, muffin or roll. I especially enjoy the Classical guitar music in the morning. Being a classical guitarist it is relaxing to hear. I'm also a Jazz musician and they have that later at Lunch but the Guitar stuff is nice the jazz a little agitating. I like riding my bike there and just sitting in a nice comfortable chair reading and sipping my coffee.