“First and last time staying here”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Buena Park
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in La Palma
Reviewed July 24, 2013

As we entered the room, we noticed that the air was not on and the room was a bit hot. We left for Disneyland the following day and upon returning late at night, we noticed that again, the room was hot. We called the front desk who sent someone that verified that the temp in the room was hotter than the norm. During the night, I woke up drenched in sweat so I got up to try and turn the air on and when I approached the vent, the air came on so I went back to bed. Five minutes later, air shut off and as I got up, same thing happened. Early morning, we went to complain to the front desk and they offered to switch us from the room. I asked about whether somehow (my husband thought it was a crazy idea), if the air was motion sensored....THEY ARE!! So when no one is in the room, it shuts off....when you're dead tired and asleep, they turn off! I had to raise my leg throughout the night to get the darn air to turn on again!! It was ridiculous! My daughter also had a probem with the air conditioner in her room, the carpet in her room was wet! Nothing could be placed on the floor. We thought it couldn't get any worse, but the next day on way to breakfast, we were walking out of the elevators when water fell on my daughters head! We all looked up to find that the chandelier was filled with water!! Apparently something leaked on the 2nd floor and was draining down to the bottom floor! It was the longest 4 days ever. Sad to say but we will never be statying at La Quinta again! Oh and, just in case...upon making reservations, I will be sure to ask about their air conditioning system! The people at the Holiday Inn (our next stop) had a pretty good laugh when we asked them about it. Oh, and the elevators are also very hot inside and move extremely slow!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ThRey915
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Buena Park

Reviewed July 16, 2013

price lined a hotel that was a 2 1/2/3 star. Have never stayed at a La Quinta and was very pleased. We purchased 2 rooms for a family california vacation. I was kinda surprised and disappointed that we did not have a fridge or microwave in the standard rooms, so we had to pay a 15 per day upgrade for the week to get into a king suite with a sofa sleeper for our son. The room was not much larger than the standard room that our other children stayed in. We did get the microwave and fridge and a balcony with our room. The rooms were very clean and well decorated. We opted to have the cleaners come in each day to give us fresh towels and clean up and make the beds...(nice to come back after a long day out ..to a clean room)
The breakfast was just okay! Nothing to brag about. I would of expected a little more variety
and hot foods.

Room Tip: If you need a fridge and microwave...be prepared to upgrade for it. Not avail in standard r ooms. C...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank hesaves
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel (2nd floor , 2 rooms ) and the rooms were very clean but as soon as we open the curtains to room 208 we saw what appeared to be a crack pipe, syrenge,razor blade and a condom on the ledge. I immediately went down stairs to let them know about the items that were very visable from our window "Dave" at the front desk did apologize and had us move to room 210 , when we did the items were even more visable from that room. I went back downstairs and told "Dave" that room 210 just gave us a better view and I asked him to make sure to let a manager know about the issue."Dave" took down my cell phone number and told me that "Dessie" will give me a call. I stayed 5 nights , checked out today July 12th and never received a call from "Dessie" or any other manager. This hotel is considered a Good Neighbor Disneyland hotel and therefore I felt very dissapointed in the lack of follow up on their part. I will be posting pics of the items later today and will also be sending an email and the pics to Disney Corporate for their perusal.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank clozano39
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I noticed that the pics on this site are very dated. I stayed here last week and BOY, Has It Changed!! The colors are now a modern mix of greys! They have added a Lobby Store AND an Internet Bar!! The rooms are Beautiful! Its been awhile since I' ve been at this La Quinta !!! WOW!! What a TURNOVER ! I usually stay at the Fairfield Inn ! NO MORE! I'm a changed Woman! Staff was friendly and informative! GO La Quinta Buena Park! Keep up whatever it is you are doing! I will definately be back!!
...someone needs to take the NEW PICS of this place! These do NO Justice :)

Room Tip: Suites are great for the family
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank mommilis

- had a big and clean room on the 2nd floor
- polite employees
- the breakfast is moderate - you'll only get plastic dishes
- had problems in the bathroom with the sink tree times
- the keycard for my room made problems twice times
- the area surounding the pool wasn`t cleaned the last few days

Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Kaerntna
A TripAdvisor Member
Lodi, California, USA
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Its nice that it is walking distance to many big well known restaurants. The staff was very polite & helpful. We traveled with small kids so it was nice to have such an incredibly clean room. It was nice to have a big breakfast to start our day. It would have been nice if they had highchairs or booster seats though. Overall it was a great stay. We plan to stay here again the next time we are in town.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Webster, New York, USA
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My family and I stayed at this La Quinta Inn while visitng Disneyland and were very pleased with the value for the money. The room was clean, the beds were very comfortable and the surroundings look like they had been updated. The only con I have is that the disabled shower which we needed for our daughter could have been designed a little better. It let water run all down into the bathroom doorway and floor so we ended up with alot of wet socks.

Great place to stay and close to lots of amenities.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Holiday Inn Buena Park Hotel & Conference  Center
Sheraton Cerritos Hotel at Towne Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Anaheim North/Buena Park
Radisson Suites Hotel Anaheim - Buena Park

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Buena Park? Share your experiences!