“25th Anniversary Specials”

Ranked #3 of 91 Restaurants in La Mirada
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Valley View
Description: Welcome to North Woods Inn of San Gabriel, La Mirada and Covina! Come for juicy steaks, fresh seafood, enormous salads and our signature cheese bread. Whether you are in the mood for a quiet dinner for two, want to bring the office for lunch, or celebrate your next family milestone, our restaurant is the place for memorable meals. The warm woodsy atmosphere is very unique and features stained glass, oil paintings, & period lamps. We are just minutes away with locations in L.A. and Orange County. Enjoy abundant lunches and dinners at all 3 locations.
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We came here to try their $25 meals celebrating their 25th anniversary. They served two types of salads with our meals, a red cabbage and iceberg lettuce with ranch which I enjoyed. It also included their cheese bread. I ordered the 1/2 rack of ribs and chicken that came with rice and a baked potato. The rice was hard, the baked potato was huge, and the ribs and 2 pieces of fried chicken were okay. They also included dessert which was a choice of either chocolate rum sundae or blackberry sundae.

This is considered more of a family restaurant. However, it was difficult to carry on a conversation because the acoustics were bad which I noticed as the restaurant became busy. I will probably not come back here. The cost is pricey compared to the food quality. I rather spend my money at Chris & Pitt's for delicious BBQ or Lawry's in Beverly Hills for a great prime rib dinner.

1  Thank CaliLAgirl

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Went to meet family and was meet with a rude receptionist and server wasn't much better. Poor service overall and food definitely NOT with the price. Brother called the next day to apologize for such a crappy meal a a it was his suggestion. A lot better places to go....

Reviewed March 16, 2014

There are a lot of different options for dinner. You can have reasonably priced soup and salad or go for a full entree with all the sides. The cheese bread is delicious!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I am a healthy eater, so I didn't think I would like this place. However, I do like it very much. I eat there for lunch and I typically have either the Mahi Mahi or the Halibut. I skip the cheesy bread and have extra of the purple cabbage salad. It makes for a very tasty meal and very healthy, under the above mentioned conditions. It is definitely worth a try and people I have taken there for a business lunch are always pleased and amazed they have never stopped there before to eat.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Food has always been top notch, plenty and unique. Red cabbage salad, cheese butter on a baked potato the size of Idaho, a house steak sauce that is so tasty.( You have to ask for it though because they no longer put it on the table ) and of course the peanuts. You'll have fun with that one and you will just have to take my word for it. Waiters are very tentative. One draw back, that has never deterred me from a great meal here, is that it is a load atmosphere. You are eating inside a large log cabin with no insulated walls, so the sounds bounce off of everything. Once you try this place you will come back for sure.

1  Thank Mike M