Residence Inn La Mirada Buena Park
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Room Service
Budget Inn Santa Fe Springs(Santa Fe Springs)
  • Pool
Century Motel(Buena Park)
View Hotel
All reviewsin n out burgerfull kitchengreat family hoteltwo bedroom suitesofa bedfree breakfastwithin milesawesome hotelhome away from homeyogurthotel is locatedlos angeleshot tubfireplacefreightunitslaundry
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 25, 2010

We booked this hotel because they had a great rate for families from Biola University. We had two rooms, a two bedroom for the first night: the room was very clean and well appointed with a kitchen and sitting area. The room was on the freeway side of the building, so sitting on the lanai was very noisy, request a room facing the inside of the hotel. The majority of our trip was in a studio. It was also very clean and well appointed, the inside room was much quieter also. The best part of our stay was the staff (Hello to the "happy guy" Timothy who greeted us every morning for breakfast) The breakfast is great! waffles, eggs, sausage, cerial, fresh fruit, yogert..all yummy and well stocked. We will definately be returning. ;) PS.There are 4 resturants within walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2010

Marriott needs to renovate this place! This place is falling apart!!

Cleanliness - 3 stars since things were fairly clean.

Location - 3 stars since place is less than 1 mile from my workplace and there is an In & Out Burger next door.

Rooms - 2 stars since place is old with old bed, old sofa, old TV, old lamps, old stove, old microwave. The only good thing about the room is the free internet and safe.

Service - 4 stars since staff was friendly.

Value - 2 stars since there are other hotels near by that offers better value.

Sleep quality - 1 star since mattress has been used for so long that it just sinks down and the pillows go flat quickly. In addition, if your room is on the ground floor, then you will definitely hear the person on the second floor and feel the loud vibration when that person walks around (thump! thump! thump!). And the air conditioner unit right outside the window (next to the bed) is quite annoying as it goes on and off during the night.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 28, 2010

This room was not Marriott quality. old tv, old bedding, not like any other Residence Inn I have stayed at. There were so many kids, teenagers yelling and milling around, all from a soccer team, yes, but kids everywhere. Breakfast was not doable due to all the noise of the kids and their taking over the whole breakfast bar. Will not stay at this hotel again and have learned to check the category types. This was a category 3, and though the security guards responded quickly, I shouldn't have even had to make that call. Very disappointed with this particular hotel, especially when there are tons of other hotels nearby. noise from nearby theme park? sounded like explosions going off. ask to not be put next to freeway or Firestone Blvd.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2010

Pros: very freindly/helpful staff; very clean room; great room amenities; quiet area; free food was excellent; good room rates.

Cons: none really. The place is kind of old (1992 I think), but that didn't matter in the end. It's been well maintained and updated.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 4, 2010

We were down in Southern California on a vacation of 1 week. We planned to use the hotel as our base of operations as we visited different attractions in the area. We made arrangements via phone and since the Courtyard didn't have the room setup we needed, the person on the phone recommended the Residence Inn. I haven't stayed in this class of hotel (Extended Stay), so my review will be based on my past experiences and expectations for regular hotels.

The location of the hotel is a more industrial area, but right off the freeway. This turned out to be very convenient and quiet. The facility seemed to be fairly empty, so parking was really easy. We were usually right in front of our room.

Check-in was a breeze and the quoted rate was charged. They have a "heated" pool, but I wouldn't swim in it during the winter. The spa was wonderful, especially after a day of running around at the various locations we visited.

The room was clean and orderly. The carpets were very worn, however and really needed repair or replacement. Caulking in the bathroom was also in dire need of replacement, also.

I had to reboot the router in the room, but having a dedicated DSL line in the room was great. I was able to use the wireless or the wired. I typically like to use the wired to avoid security issues since I'm usually on my work network.

The beds were awful and I was really let down by their quality. We had 2 rooms and both beds were terrible. I'm not sure if they were just old or of poor quality. I've had much better luck with beds at other Marriott properties.

One layout issue was there were no bathrooms nearby for users of the pool area. Small issue, but with kids it was kind of a pain. It also makes me wonder how many people decided not to walk back to their rooms to use the bathroom and just use the pool and spa to relieve themselves...

I was very grateful that they provided ice for our small cooler a couple of times when we needed it, but there were no guest-accessible ice machines, besides the ice makers in the refrigerator's freezers.

Our room was also pretty far from the pool/laundry/office, so I got some extra walking time!

I also would have appreciated a binder with decent descriptions of the amenities and the local restaurants as regular hotels provide, but they only gave me a sheet of paper with very little on it.

The fireplace was a nice touch and we took advantage! The central heat didn't really seem to work well, but to be fair I didn't press them on it.

Overall, it was a fair suite for a reasonable price, but with some opportunities to improve. If beds are an issue, be wary of this place, especially if you have a sensitive back.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family