“Smoke Smell”

Holiday Inn La Mirada
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in La Mirada
Reviewed February 18, 2012

My family checked in earley evening. When we walked into the room it had an old smoke smell. It was a non-smoking room. We signed a $200 non smoking waiver at check in. After smelling this we called the hotel to let them know it was bad a very hard to breathe. They sent a maid up with a can of air freshner. After spraying we left for a few hours. We came back and it was still. So we asked for another room. We still needed 2 queens. So they just gave us a handicap room with 2 full size beds. When we asked if we can have a rollaway cause my family couldn't fit in those small beds they said no. It's only for rooms with king beds. The handicap bathroom was a joke. One shower and the entire bathroom was flooded. Also the was mold underneath the wallpaper which was peeling away from the walls. There is no vent fan to help reduced the hot air. Beds seemed very hard as well. This hotel needs to be upgraded. The Lobby area is nice and the folks at Red Robin are great.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Sportzcraz1
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn La Mirada

Reviewed February 14, 2012

The Manager Martin & the Front Desk Girls Dinna & Mirium are so awesome! Today is 2/14/12 Valentines Day and i wanted to do something small but special for my husband! SO Via Email and Telephone to me in Hawaii, Martin and his staff got a letter from me and re typed it on beautiful red paper in caligraphy writing and put it on my husbands bed with a bunch of hersey kisses candies on the bed! They didnt have to be so sweet, BUT THEY WERE! My husband loved it and I am just in awe at the guest sevice experiance I recieved and im not even there!!! If you want top knotch service that goes beyond to make the difference then then this is the place you need to stay!! Thanks agan Martin, Dianna & Mirium! ( I am not there but my husband travels alot for work and he loved how clean the rooms are, the beds were big and felt so good! beautiful lobby with this fire place where they went down to study and he loves the lounge, saved him alot of money from going out to bars!)

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Shame on Holiday Inn for letting this property get to this level. I don't know what else to say other than for me traveling on business I will not be back untill the remodel. And as for the executive level don't waste your time as dirty bathrooms and broen fixtures seem to be all they have to offer!

Room Tip: I stayed on the freeway side and no issues with noise. I wish this was the only problem I had with t...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Dolce50
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Room is big, good size bed!
Have several burgers joints to explore..
But too far to go downtown!

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank SEASHELL18
Reviewed January 23, 2012

At the last minute we decided to spend New Year's at the Happiest Place on Earth, after searching various sites we went with the 3.5 star deal hotwire had and we lucked out with this hotel. The location is about 10 mins from Disneyland and right off the 5. We got a King size room on the 6th floor and couldn't be more pleased. We loved the free parking, free wifi and free printing in the business center. The registration was quick and the folks there were helpful. There is a Red Robin within the premise that serves breakfast and an Elephant Bar across the street. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ccchicasf
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I travel quite a bit for work. This is by far one of my favorite hotels, if not my all-time favorite. The staff is always friendly and accommodating and the prices are more than fair.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 13, 2012

I stayed in a clean room and the staff was great, very friendly and helpful. I love the free wi-fi and they had a nice breakfast bar in the morning. They really had everything you need for a quick yet stay!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Good Nite Inn Buena Park
Good Nite Inn Buena Park
#1 of 19 in Buena Park
Sheraton Cerritos Hotel at Towne Center

Been to Holiday Inn La Mirada? Share your experiences!