“The Best Pizza we've found so far”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Gondola Pizza

Gondola Pizza
Ranked #4 of 86 Restaurants in La Mirada
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: It all started 43 years ago when Josephine & Sam (Onorato) Agrusa first opened. Since then, Gondola Pizza has served original fresh homemade Italian food. Together with their 3 children, they worked from 4 a.M. To late hours, 7 days a week. As of today, they still work. Some in the office, some in the kitchen and some have opened their own business (North Carolina). All with the same goal - work hard and make the best food. We at Gondola Pizza, owners and workers, thank you for all your support through all these years, and we will be here for many years to come, always making homemade fresh Itailian food
Mesa, Arizona
“The Best Pizza we've found so far”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

We laughingly consider ourselves "food-aholics" and are continually in search of good things to eat. Since moving west we've had lots of problems satisfying our tastes for good pizza. However, Gondola Pizza may be the answer to that.

The atmosphere is very loud, but that's because you have so many customers in line waiting to place an order. And people waiting everywhere for carryouts. I don't know if they don't have delivery, or if that is just the way things are done out here, but it made for a very loud dinner! We had an extra large pizza with lots of toppings. I loved the fresh mushrooms instead of canned and it was the best Italian sausage I've had in decades. We also tried the calzone which was unimpressive and another small pizza. We had 6 hearty eaters at our table and still had 2 boxes of leftovers. I was impressed. We don't usually have leftovers!

I am definitely looking forward to trying this place again. I recommend getting there early on a weekend. We arrived at 4 pm on Saturday and it was a very short line. Before we got our food the line was out the door and never let up. The plates of pasta being delivered to other tables looked delicious! I don't usually find good pasta at a place mostly known for their pizza, but I will be trying theirs in the future.

• Visited November 2013

Aurora, Colorado, United States
“Loved the pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

So we decided to try their pizza while on vacation, after hearing great things about it, and it turned out to be an awesome pizza place. We loved it. We ordered the extra large pizza with everything on it, we wound up having a lot of leftovers (that actually even reheated well)..I highly recommend trying them if you are in the area.

Visited September 2013
La Mirada, California
“to die for!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have been going to gondolas for as long as a could remember!!!!!! It has never changed nor have the people. my favorite thing on the menu is the fettuccini Alfredo. the sauce is just cooked to perfection! if you want a great family restaurant this is the place to go!!!!!!

• Visited January 2013
Chicago
“Best pizza in So. Cal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

Growing-up in Chicago where the best pizza in the world is plentiful (sorry New Yorkers) I was depressed living in LA as I could find no decent pizza. Until I found Gondola Pizza in La Mirada/Whittier, CA. Good thin crust, tasty sauce and all the toppings are quality. All at reasonable prices.

• Visited February 2012
La Mirada, California
“Big and loud- but pretty good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

Everybody goes there- except us these days. Pizza pretty good but too heavy. We are just old farts now & heavy food weighs us down.