Lodge Of La Mesa
$120
$111
$74
  • Restaurant
Motel 6 La Mesa CA(La Mesa)(Great Value!)
$80
$90
$65
  • Pool
Harvey's Motel(San Diego)
$80
Ace Budget Motel(San Diego)
$60
$69
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 19, 2010

I am a single mother that has to go to La Mesa for my work once a week. I am glad I found the Travelodge of La Mesa. The management takes very good care of the hotel and they are very attentive to customer's needs. They manage hands on and that makes me feel very safe. I like the interior rooms as they make me feel safe. The staff is always present greeting you and I can see they made sure someone like myself felt accomodated and safe.
Working mother

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank happymothr
Reviewed January 11, 2010

I like everyone, did not want to stay at this hotel. One because it was $40 a night and two because of the so-called negative reviews. I call them so-called b/c if they were actual customers they would be leaving nothing less then 4 stars. I also have a video of our hotel room on you tube. The service from the get go was amazing. I was greeted with a smile from 'Anal' (yes, that is his name he is from India and i think its prononuced AH-Nual. Anyways, he told me were the room was, offered me directions for dinner and asked how i was doing..not in that order but that was the jist. We we up the stairs b/c if the stairs arent cleaned then the hotel isnt. i say this b/c its the less seen area. Went to our room and it was a double queen bed a microwave, a window that opens all the way, an a/c and heater, a single sink private bathroom, a tv, and a chest of drawers.
Everytime we left, we were greeted and same wen we came back. I only have two complaintes and for $40 a night...it really isnt a big deal. First, the beds are kinda hard, but if your tired which you should be if your on vacation from doing things all day then there a-ok and there is a slight indian food/curry odor that lingers in the hall ways and the stairway, but nothing to strong and im sure if i asked theyd do something about it.
In short (or long) i will be staying here again and again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SkruffyJew
Reviewed January 11, 2010

I arrived at the Travelodge La Mesa for check in, upon arrival I identified myself and placed my Priceline itinerary on the counter and began check in with the person behind the counter. I handed over my Texas driver’s license and MasterCard. After I completed the registration form the manager told me he would be charging my credit card 100.00 dollars for a security deposit. I was confused by this because I knew I had already been charged for the full 7 day stay at Travelodge – by Priceline. I thought he might be mistaken and I told him that I’d already been charged for my stay. At this point he very abruptly told me this charge is discussed in you Priceline agreement – "read your agreement and call Priceline to discuss it". I was clearly taken aback by his behavior and also somewhat mystified as to why he was being so rude. So I asked again, without emotion or excitement, I just want to understand what this charge is about because I had never heard of such a thing. This time, clearly exasperated he told me again it’s in your Priceline agreement – call them and discuss it. Then after a few seconds pause -- he told me he was revoking my reservation. Needless to say I was quite shocked by this rapid turn of events, I had been at the counter for less than 10 minutes and now out of the blue -- 1300 miles from home … I was without a hotel room for the night. Never once did I raise my voice or do anything that could be interpreted as threatening or violent and yet he had summarily tossed me out for NO GOOD reason. I am an African American with over 20 years service to my country. I have been in some pretty hostile places but this is the ABSOLUTE WORST treatment I have ever received at a hotel. I wonder whether my skin color is what motivated his treatment of me -- but we'll never know. After having done some research on this hotel ... I can't understand why it is allowed to continue this behaviour toward paying guest? I guess there is an extreme lack of hotel space in the San Diego area -- which would explain why there is a "take it or leave it" attitude in place.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
11  Thank totalregret
Reviewed January 4, 2010

We planned to stay at Travelodge La Mesa for two nights while taking our 10 yo and 7 yo boys to San Diego Zoo and other places in San Diego, but we loved this hotel so much we stayed for one extra night. Kids love it! We got a very clean and comfortable room, personalized welcome letter and snacks waiting for us after checking in. Breakfast was excellent too, so were front desk service. Will come back for our next San Diego vacation!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2009

I stayed at the Travelodge in La Mesa for three nights with my wife and two children. This was the perfect location as we were just a 15 minute drive from Sea World, the Zoo, and Balboa Park. The hotel was perfectly clean and the rooms were well decorated and very comfortable. There was a nice gift basket with a personalized letter waiting for us in the room when we checked in. The staff was very friendly and professional. They took care of all our needs. My children had fun with Oscar in the mornings at breakfast time. A nice breakfast that was kept clean and stocked at all times. We will go back as we still have things to see in San Diego

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family