“nothing there. out of the way. miles from anywhere” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lodge Of La Mesa

Lodge Of La Mesa
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in La Mesa
hartlepool
“nothing there. out of the way. miles from anywhere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2009

travelodge ok but its miles from anywhere. if you are not driveing then dont stop here!. nice rooms & didnt know breakfast was included until got there. we had to walk a good 25 mins to get the trolly, then its a 35min journey to get to downtown. only bonus near there was a chinese buffet all you can eat for £6.50. it was strange we didnt even see anyone walking around. glad we only did 2 days here. it was enough.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HONEYHARTLEPOOL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Tucson, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2009

Earlier this month, we drove to Oregon and spent the night at the Travelodge in Redding, California. Great property! Turns out that the manager of that property gave a rave review of this one in La Mesa and as we were going to be in San Diego this week - we spent a night at the La Mesa Travelodge too. Excellent value, super clean, hot water and strong showers, LCD HDTVs that actually work, comfortable beds, decent breakfast offerings. High speed internet works well. Further, wonderful staff works hard to make sure stay is OK. Only complaint is that the bathroom vanity and mirror are meant for people at least six feet tall or higher. My wife and I are not so it was a bit of a stretch! Interesting change, no lamps - recessed lighting with dimmers in several areas of the room. We will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TucsonBob
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2009

Stayed 5 nights here with 2 adults, 2 kids for a family vacation. Hotel staff were extremely pleasant and helpful with printed directions and advice. Location was excellent to highways and close to a large grocery store. There are a variety of restaurants within walking distance. Rooms were large and clean, with a fridge, microwave and a room safe! Bathrooms were clean. Beds comfortable. The pool was very nice and warm but tricky and unsafe to walk to along narrow walkway having to dodge many room air conditioners sticking out from the wall. The breakfast was simple and fresh and was replenished constantly - also, it always extended by at least 1/2-1 hour each day! It was kept very clean. Anything we asked for was delivered to our room immediately. Would stay here again. Excellent Travelodge.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank DylanToronto
Las Vegas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2009

I stayed at this hotel on July 09. Friendly staff made me feel welcome and they answered all my questions with best of their knowledge. My room was really clean and there was already a welcome note in the room with my name on it which shows that room was checked before I check in. Unfortunately I didn't have a chance to spend another night in San Diego, but I definitely consider staying at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Omidz
sacramento
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2009

As I checked in around 11:30 PM I told the receptionist that my group had two cars; she wrote down descriptions of them and checked me in, no questions, no mention of a one-vehicle policy. A little while later, as my buddy in the second car was bringing in luggage, he was told to move his car out of the lot. He initially balked, citing the 11 empty parking spaces (it was after midnight) and the fact that we weren't initially told of this restriction . When the receptionist was short with him, he insisted on speaking to the manager (who was not on site and not available by phone), but he did comply and move his car first. A few minutes later we were asked to leave. I questioned the receptionist as to whether my friend had been rude, offensive, threatening, or whatever.... she clearly stated that he hadn't. I asked why, then, we were being kicked out.... she said because my friend was unhappy with the parking situation. She threatened to call the cops, so we packed up and left.

Still astonished, I called the manager after a couple of days and asked why we had been kicked out, expecting him to say that there had been a misunderstanding. Instead, he said that because my friend had complained and was unhappy, we were asked to leave. I kid you not.

I know it sounds like there's more to this story, but I swear that's it. According to the receptionist, my buddy with the second car never raised his voice or used offensive language or anything else. She told me that he "was never out of line."

Bottom line: if you go there, don't let the management know that you're unsatisfied with anything, or else they might kick you out. The manager told me, and I quote, "We can't have unhappy customers." Their solution to that is to kick unhappy customers out on the street at 12:30 AM.

Nice place.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
11 Thank pooahl

Travelers are raving about these La Mesa hotels

Northern CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights while visiting my daughter and found the room extremely comfortable and clean. The staff and service people were always friendly and available. My room was cleaned only when I wanted and left as it was if I put the Do Not Disturb sign on the door. I will stay in this hotel every time I come to La Mesa.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank meinthemoon
Sacramento
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2009

We were looking for something cheap in San Diego and stumbled upon this. Very clean rooms, good breakfast and freindly service.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near La Mesa
Mission Valley / Hotel Circle
Kings Inn San Diego
Kings Inn San Diego
#39 of 279 in San Diego
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,907 reviews

Been to Lodge Of La Mesa? Share your experiences!