“Great value, outgoing staff, clean, quiet, good breakfast, 20-30 minutes from lots of attractions.”
Review of Lodge Of La Mesa

Lodge Of La Mesa
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in La Mesa
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed June 11, 2009

Very reasonable rates, cleanliness, and staff who went out of their way to make our stay pleasant- what more can you want??? Stayed on business, took wife and daughter as an add-on vacation. Front desk staff was very friendly upon arrival. Room was very clean and in good condition. All amenities (soaps/iron/etc.). Small, but nice pool. Good location near hwy and Von's supermarket. Staff solved issues immediately- safe was locked, front desk came and opened- toilet blockage (our fault!), room service manager cleaned and unblocked immediately. Room always nicely made each day...(Don't forget to tip the hardworking room service staff!) 20-30 minutes drive (San Diego has lots of highways) to La Jolla/ Mission Beach, etc. 10 min. to Mission Valley (big shopping!) Inexpensive, quality washers/ dryers. Would stay again!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Birmingham, UK
Reviewed June 5, 2009

Stayed here for the first night of our trip to the west coast and was pleasantly surprised. Had some problems at check-in as the reservation was in my name but my dad arrived there early. After a few calls to Expedia everything was sorted and he checked in.

We spent nearly all our time away from the hotel but the rooms and beds were comfortable and the area felt pretty safe. We had no problem finding a space in the car park and the free breakfast bits were nice! We had a car so the location wasn't an issue, we'd happily stay here again when visiting San Diego.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
vacaville
Reviewed June 3, 2009

My family and I booked 5 rooms for our family members through Expedia.com. The rates were extremely low ($55.00/room) and the reviews seemed wonderful. Well, upon arrival, my sister (a 1st grade teacher), her 3 children (honor role students), my mother (disabled 74 year old who relies on a walker), myself (5th grade teacher) husband and daughter-in-law (yes, another teacher!) were told to leave. The young lady at the desk accused my sister and her family with being 'belligerent and using profanity (NOT TRUE! Shame on them for this ridiculous accusation!), and the manager told them to leave. When I arrived, the manager wouldn't come to the desk, and the clerk remained silent. My husband, a retired USAF Chief Master Sergeant, and I finally spoke to the manager who, by the way, refused to identify himself. Incidentally, his name wasn't on display at the front desk, either. He simply sneered at us, and told us to leave. We travel extensively, and were completely taken aback by his and the clerk's unprofessional and exceedingly abherent behavior. He refused to explain (as had the clerk) what the supposed 'profanities' were, and just kept ordering us to leave. Well, as it turns out, this was the weekend of the Miramar Airshow, and, as we learned, the other local motels were booked to capacity. Perhaps this manager was miffed at the extra low rates we'd paid, and was filling rooms with airshow visitors who were paying the standard rate. At any rate, it was absolutely the worst impression a town could earn for itself, as well! We had traveled to Santee for our nephew's First Communion celebration, and found ourselves being treated like criminals...literally tossed out! We will never consider booking another Travelodge again, and we are continuing our investigation of this matter. Travelodge Corporation would do well to investigate whoever was on duty that day; Saturday, May 16th, 2009. On a positive note, we ended up booking some wonderful rooms at the Embassy Suites in La Jolla (yes, there were no other options in La Mesa nor Santee that night. Two hours of looking led us to our refuge.) Once again, I exhort all travelers to avoid the La Mesa Travelodge.

Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
13 Thank markhamteacher

Travelers are raving about these La Mesa hotels

Santa Maria, CA
Reviewed June 3, 2009

We booked a 2-night Memorial weekend stay at the Travelodge La Mesa because we were attending my cousin's SDSU Graduation. Some other family members had booked the Sheraton in Mission Valley but they were just couple's and there were 3 of us. I wanted to guarantee we would receive 2 queen beds so I went with Expedia instead. I chose Travelodge because I always read customer reviews on TripAdvisor before making my plans. This hotel received comments in every review about the excellent customer service and that is very important to me. Even though the Sheraton seemed just a bit more upscale, I chose Travelodge because of their service record. Also, having to pay extra for parking each night at the Sheraton didn't win them any points. When we arrived, we were greeted by a friendly man and his young son. We had some nice chit chat and we were promptly checked in our room. We took the elevator to the second floor and found our room was facing the street. I had read from other reviews that this was an issue for them but it wasn't for us. We had the air conditioner running and that was fairly loud so it drowned out whatever street noise there was. We had been in our room for probably about 15 minutes when we received a call from the front desk checking to see if we had settled in okay and if evrything was to our liking. We really appreciated the fact that they honestly sounded sincere about it as well. This call was in addition to the nice little treat basket and personalized & signed letter welcoming and thanking us for choosing Travelodge. That was a very nice touch that my relatives at the Sheraton were jealous of. Throughout our weekend stay, every employee we came across had the same great customer service, friendly smiles and hospitality. Our room was clean and had both a refrigerator, microwave, and separate bar sink area. Those all were very handy. The only suggestion I would have is that they spend a little extra money to renovate their bathrooms. The mirror was big and nice but the cheap tile work and the old door did not match. The combo bath/shower was very clean and seemed new though. Also, I'm sure they just haven't gotten to it yet, but the indoor hallways had just old linoleum. They need to lay carpet because a lot of noise can be heard. Luckily our fellow hotel guests were fairly quiet and we had our TV and air conditioner on so it wasn't an issue for us. If another guest didn't have these conditions, I can see how they could become annoyed with the noise. Overall, we had an excellent stay and we would use this hotel again if in the area.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank cyncharoo
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed May 16, 2009

Excellent value for the price!!! Very spacious, clean, comfortable room and bathroom. Friendly and helpful staff. Good breakfast including fresh fruits, juices,coffee, pastries, bagels and delicious waffles. Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed May 11, 2009

What a great visit --- My wife and I traveled to San Diego for vacation and wanted to maximize our stay. The Travel-Lodge offered super clean rooms, a central location, and the best customer service I had experienced in a while.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
L.A.
Reviewed April 28, 2009

I am a L.A. contractor who does a lot of work in San Diego. When in San Diego this is the hotel we stay in. Friendly staff, big clean rooms at a great price. In-room internet and continental breakfast are free. Would recommend this hotel to anyone on a budget but does not want to compromise on quality.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Howard Johnson Inn San Diego State University Area
Motel 6 La Mesa CA
Motel 6 La Mesa CA
#2 of 8 in La Mesa

Been to Lodge Of La Mesa? Share your experiences!