“When we travel to La Mesa, CA we always stay at this hotel...”
Review of Lodge Of La Mesa

Lodge Of La Mesa
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in La Mesa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Carmel, California, Usa
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Great value! Could'nt fault room or cleanliness, the continental breakfast was good. An earlier check-in would be nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Rhome, Texas
Reviewed March 15, 2013

good price. Man working counter is VERY rude everytime I stay there which is once a month. only reason I keep going back is the price is good and its clean and quiet. The guy working demands us to wait until 4 to check in. I fly into town and get there around 3 and have to sit in the lobby and wait and its very frustrating! and the internet is always super slow

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

2 Thank LarryF291
Ensenada, Mexico
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We drove up from Mexico and needed to rest. We booked in advance and we were pleased with our choice. Big bed, mini-fridge, coffee maker etc. Oscar at the front desk is the best. Restaurants, bars, banks, grocery stores all within walking distance. Woke up refreshed and ready to continue our trip in the morning. Our first stay but we will return on our next vacation. Thanks Oscar...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver
Reviewed March 12, 2013

PROS: Clean, updated room, good location for what I needed

CONS: Tight parking, noisy A/C, no fitness room, minimal "free" breakfast, slow WiFi

Overall, this property was a good value considering what I paid. The location worked well for me, the bed was comfortable (I have a bad back), and there was plenty of hot water, although it seemed to come in waves (alternating between hot and very warm). The parking situation was tight, and there wasn't any room for visitors/guests to park. When I arrived I needed access to a printer to print a document, however they could not assist me. I also inquired about a fitness room for my morning workout, but there isn't one (I found a 24 hour fitness three blocks away that allowed non-members to drop in for a $10 fee).

Would I return to this property? If the rate is favorable, as it was for this visit, I would definitely return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Riverside, California
Reviewed March 4, 2013

**READ READ READ** ***DO NOT STAY HERE!!!*****

Front desk is EXTREMELY rude! I booked 1 night for two of our employees through Expedia, when our employees went to check in, the front desk said they require a "$100 deposit." No where on Expedia did I read that a deposit was needed. Then when they told the front desk that we already paid in full, the front desk told them, "We don't want people like you staying here." Front desk continued to say that only "high class" people were allowed to stay. Um..since when is a Travelodge "high class" at $45 a room?!? (I paid $45.20 for 1 night) Finally, our employee called our Project manager to alert him of the problem. The front desk still continued with "only high class" people and denied us our room even though we had already paid. He also said they "do not accept Expedia." Which is a load of crap because I have the reservation itinerary number and confirmation. I called the manager today to talk to him about the incident last night and he was very, very, very rude! He defended his employee saying that the employee never said any of those things and he could listen to the recording a million times but it never happened. We have witnesses who were there and I'm not sure when or IF this "front desk manager" actually listened to it. At the end, he told me that he STILL doesn't want people like us there.
I will NEVER, EVER book here again.

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY HERE AT ALL! You will regret it after how the front desk treats you!