“A GREAT LOCATION AND A PROFESSIONAL STAFF,,Solid room in one of the world's great Cities”

Days Inn & Suites San Diego SDSU
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in La Mesa
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We stayed at the Days inn & suites, La-mesa for 2 nights and liked it so much we booked an additional 2 nights and then booked it for a week staying 11 nights in all. It is centrally located close t everything San Diego: restaurants, movie theatres, shopping, beaches, Sea World and the San Diego Zoo. It has a great swimming pool and hot tub. Staff is very professional.

Mr Nitin Mody, The Manager accomodated us quickly and professionally assigning us to a room that was at the back(I recommend that where it is quiet) and when we rebooked allowed us to stay in the same room. We had a refrigerator and a microwave and were set.

They have two separate rooms a living room in the front and there is a bedroom at the back which was great for me and my wife as she could sleep at the back while i could watch TV in the living room.
Free wifi, free parking, and use of an excellent outdoor pool and hot tub are bonuses here providing more 'bang for your buck' as they say in the US.They even have a guest Laundry which was pretty handy.

The hotel is in an excellent location - the university area is less than a mile away which has some brilliant eating options ( dont forget to try 'Five Guys Burgers and Fries"!), and is also only around few miles away from a huge mall ( Fashion Valley mall) and the superb old town. Its also located a 10 t 15 miles away from all San Diego attractions like the Zoo and the Quayside - a car, like when visiting most places in the US, is a must for your trip.

You could easily spend a week in San Diego doing different things throughout and not getting bored. We loved it!! , and think this place is a decent accommodation choice for those looking to get value for money

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Roy14k
DaysInnLaMesaLaMesa, Manager at Days Inn & Suites San Diego SDSU, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Dear Roy 14K

staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes

Reviewed July 15, 2012

I just got back from Comic-Con in San Diego and I can't say enough for the Days Inn staff.
When I checked in, I forgot to get back my credit card and driver's license (I was in a hurry to meet some people for dinner) and later that night, when I pulled out my wallet for dinner, I thought I had lost them at the Con.
he next morning, I hit the office and before I even said a word, the clerk pulled out my cards. He said he tried to return them the night before, calling and even knocking on my door (but I was out, of course, so couldn't answer.)
I was ecstatic. I asked him his name.
He said it was "Robin."
Like Batman and Robin? I asked.
Yes, he said sheepishly.
That's karma, friends.
BTW, I'm signed under my wife's account for Trip Advisor but I'm her husband. Call me... Bruce Wayne.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank KarenECS
DaysInnLaMesaLaMesa, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites San Diego SDSU, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Dear Karen ECS,

Reviewed July 12, 2012

My family and I opted to stay at the Days Inn and Suites while visiting San Diego, CA rather than the hotels on the San Diego beach mainly due to the price. I was a bit nervous (thinking - you'll get what you pay for) prior to getting there but was very pleasantly surprised when we checked-in.

The hotel is good and the rooms were spacious and nice and the amenities were great! Good wifi connections (free!) in our room; great breakfast (free!); and nice smaller perks like refreshments/coffee offered all day (free!). I dropped my family at the hotel as I had to get some groceries( they have rooms with Kitchenettes) and when I came back my wife told me that the Front Desk guy had brought all the bags up to 2nd floor( they don’t have elevators or bell services)

The staff at the hotel were friendly and helpful. The location was excellent; very easy to get around San Diego and driving distance from most of the attractions. I had a great week of vacation and have already booked my next trip.

Room Tip: I called to book and Robin gave me a good deal better then one available online. The other guy Kevin...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Neil John B
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Thank you for your review. We really appreciate your response as a token of our appreciation we would like to extend you a 25% off on all your future stays.

Nitin Mody

Reviewed July 10, 2012

When check -in they had our reservation wrong we asked for non smoking and two bedes they gave us one bed and smoking it did not work for me cause I an allergic to smoke so they could not help us and charge the credit card and didn't have a room to give us so me and my family had no where to stay cuz they would not find us another hotel

• Stayed: July 2012
DaysInnLaMesaLaMesa, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites San Diego SDSU, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

I'm concerned about the experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay
to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're
doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

NITIN MODY (GM).

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Great Location. Good Price.I had a great time during my stay, the staff was all smiles all the time. Breakfast choice was limited but its the standard you get at any Days Inn. The rooms were recently renovated and they had new stoves in the rooms. Overall I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Dear K_Shah 29,

Reviewed June 29, 2012

I had stayed at this particular Days Inn before and I had a horrible experience but without having any choice I crossed my fingers and booked my room again.
OUTCOME, it was WORTH giving a second try. The Management has changed and apparently, late last year the Motel was taken over by new owners who have completely remodeled the Motel with Brand new Rooms, improved Customer base and new staff. The Rooms had a separate living room and new clean bathrooms. It is awesome if you are staying for an extended period of time. I have to say the management was very friendly and worked out of their way to accommodate their customers. The staff members who work the reception area were very polite every time I had gone to ask a question regarding the area or restaurants nearby. I also noticed that they were not entertaining any weird customers on property and the management had a constant eye out looking for customers who go out of control making noise as it was a Friday night i stayed. The Manager on duty was extremely welcoming and helped me with everything he could in terms of giving Area Maps and printing directions or boarding passes from his office for my flight.
Overall, This time my experience was simple fantastic and I have made up my mind that this is the place i will be staying at every time I visit my neice at San Diego State University. BTW it is only 1.5 mile from SDSU and 15 minutes from Downtown. I definitely recommend this everyone visiting San Diego and looking for affordable options for a couple night family stay.

Room Tip: Affordable price for this excellent BIG Room. Newly Remodeled and has a separate living room and bed...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Alev A

Dear Guest,

Reviewed June 27, 2012

I honestly did not know what to expect but I did not expect much. I was completely surprised. It was clean, motel. The staff is wonderful. Their “free” breakfast is excellent. They had wonderful smiles on their faces all the time, even during the weekend madness. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The housekeepers were very accommodating. The bathrooms were clean, shiny, and stocked with towels. The beds were comfortable and clean. What can you possibly ask for more than that? Nevertheless, here is another one for you: They have pool and the price is very much affordable (having paid much more for worse places in the area). Their rooms were recently remodeled and they also had free wifi.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Lodge Of La Mesa
Lodge Of La Mesa
#5 of 8 in La Mesa
Howard Johnson Inn San Diego State University Area

Been to Days Inn & Suites San Diego SDSU? Share your experiences!