$125
$115
Motel 6 La Mesa CA(La Mesa)(Great Value!)
$114
  • Pool
$119
Harvey's Motel(San Diego)
$135
$105
Ace Budget Motel(San Diego)
$80
$67
Hotels.com
All reviewsroom was cleansan diegoel cajonfreewaydesk
Reviewed February 21, 2011

I recently spent 2 nights at the Holiday Inn as I was seeing my daughter off to Navy Bootcamp. The Military Entrance Processing Station uses the Holiday for potential recruits that are coming for processing. The rooms were very comfortable. We didn't eat at the restaurant on-site. It gets a little loud between 4am-5am as the recruits are getting up for transport to MEPS or the airport. Because of this I probably wouldn't stay there for any other purpose.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2010

I arrived from 21 hours of travel to Johannesburg and was unsure as to how this hotel would address security issues (as a lone female traveler) along with cleanliness and airport access. I have to say that all three were addressed excellently. The hotel was easy to find (walk through the enclosed terminal); room was clean, neat and comfortable, and the airport access was a breeze. The staff was extremely helpful (and, you all know how you feel after being a sardine on plane for 16 hours - staff has to be over accomodating). I would definately recommend this hotel - the price is excellent compared to the over $300 per night at the other airport hotel. As an added bonus, the breakfast in the morning was also excellent - fresh fruit, yogut, bagels. Great way to start the day. NOTE: One traveler that was checking in with me that day gave me a tip for staying here - don't stay on the first floor (or the one right above the car garage - you'll hear cars driving around all evening - ask the staff for floors higher up - worked for me - all was silent that evening.)

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 2, 2010

I've stayed at this hotel multiple times and keep going back. Cleanliness is paramount to me and this hotel is clean. Towels are nice and fluffy. The staff is very accomodating and helpful. The hotel is located near the La Mesa COSTCO, Westmont Shopping Mall and Starbucks. Easy access to the freeway experience!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank vergato
Reviewed November 10, 2010

This is a nice little place to stay if you need somewhere to stay a night or two, especially on business. I remember my stay in February as being simple and quiet and comfortable, and I'm going to be staying one more night in a few weeks. The beds are large and comfortable, it has a small pool, and there is a small restaurant in the hotel as well. The rooms were clean, came with a small refrigerator and coffee maker. There is also a McDonald's across the street and a well stocked 7-11 next door (I was there as an Air Force recruit and realized very last minute that I was not supposed to have nail polish on, so I was very grateful for the 7-11 and it's travel sized nail polish remover), so if you have kids or you just need some snacks or basic vacationing extras, there are plenty of places you can go.

One thing that is important to understand though, is that this small hotel is used heavily for military use. There is a military processing station down the street and many of us stay at this particular hotel for the night. Now, my entire stay was pretty quiet and uneventful and I didn't have any problems with noise at all, but keep in mind that most of the people staying there are probably going to be military recruits. There was no crazy kids or loud noise from guests when I was there, but I DID get up at 3am, get ready, and get down to the restaurant by about 4am, so doors are likely to be opened and closed pretty early in the morning. As I said before though, I didn't hear any extra noise, it was pretty dim and quiet there from what I remember, and I stayed on a Friday night. :)

Overall, I'd recommend this hotel as a good place to stay for a night on business or a short stay on a road trip. It's definitely a nice, comfortable enough place to stay, but definitely not resort quality, so I wouldn't recommend extended stays.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2010

We had 2 major problesm during our 4 day stay that were not addressed by the hotel management nor by Holiday Inn when comments were submitted on online survey after stay.
Our toilet was stopped up. Asked them to fix when we left for the day. When we returned 10 hours later it was not fixed. Called to front desk and told someone would come up shortly to fix. A man came with a plunger in a black trash bag and handed it to me!
Lock on my sister's door was not working probably. When we returned from this 10 hour day, her room door was ajar, probbaly left by the cleaning staff early that day. Security breaches are not exceptable!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family