$115
Motel 6 La Mesa CA(La Mesa)(Great Value!)
$124
$120
  • Pool
$119
Hotels.com
Harvey's Motel(San Diego)
$135
$105
Ace Budget Motel(San Diego)
$67
Hotels.com
All reviewsroom was cleansan diegoel cajonfreewaydesk
Reviewed July 21, 2017

I have stayed here many times in the past , over 2 years ago.
The place has changed a lot since then. i am not sure if there has been a management change but the standard has certainly dropped.
Room and bed was ok but the price is way too high for the quality you receive

Some concerns are
1. i was woken up by the fire alarm at 5am . Everyone exited the hotel . Staff in kitchen stated this happens all the time.
2. Came in from work one day and room was not serviced
3. Another day the door was ajar on my room and was left open all day by housekeeping staff.
4. Retaurant did not open at specified times so I missed breakfast 2 days out of the 9
5. most staff were nice and friendly but one or 2 were kinda grumpy

So for me I will not stay here again. I will stay at a different brand when I visit next month

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
Gary C, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego - La Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your current stay at the Holiday Inn La Mesa.

I apologize that a small kitchen incident, which sounded the alarm, awoke so many people at 5am. I am glad; however, that the alarm functioned as it is expected and alerted our guests and staff. I am also glad that the quick response from the team members on duty rectified the solution so that it did not cause any harm to anyone.

I have sent your notes about the housekeeping items to our Director of Housekeeping to ensure that this is an isolated incident and that we continue to provide the excellent service/product that our guests expect.

Lastly, yes, our rates have gone up, as all of the hotels in the San Diego area have. We are still one of the best bargains out there as our rate includes Complimentary parking as well as Complimentary High Speed Internet.

Again, I apologize for your stay not being perfect and hope that you will give us another try after our renovation which will begin in Quarter 4.

Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

This place is ridiculous. Every time we walked out and had to go back in, our key card did not work. We had to have our key cards reactivated 4 time in 1 day! This is horrible service. The restaurant is the slowest I have ever seen in my life. It took 1 hour to get eggs, potatoes and 1 burrito. We had to walk out. I do NOT recommend this place.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank aknightstep
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego - La Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2017

Hello aknightstep,

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to leave us your feedback. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience our restaurant service and key card issue you have encountered may have caused. I’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so I have sent you a private message. Also, this feedback will be shared with the appropriate people to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns. Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort. We look forward to having the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel in the near future.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed July 6, 2017 via mobile

We were at this Holiday Inn from Mon. June 26 - Wed. July 5th 2017.

The front desk was very courteous .
They did any thing they could to accommodate us when we needed it.

However , on a few nights they did seem under staffed when high volumes of people showed up at once .

The rooms were originally very clean.
The beds were very nice , new and comfortable .
(After the intital day house cleaning would just vaccume and replace consumables )

The fridges were of average hotel size and functioned properly .

The Tv's were undersized and probably 15 years old .(approx 28 -30 inches)
The most current input they support was DVI/component .

The pool had a milky white color to it and never smelled of chlorine the whole time we were there .

No breakfast , continental or otherwise.
They offer a deal where kids eat free .
We ate dinner 1 night .
Sliders , pub chips , pasta for the wife .
Kids had mac n cheese and a cheese burger .
I had 2 beers the kids had milk or water
Total with tip was 50$ or so for low end cuisine .

We heard an ambulance or fire truck drive by sirens on 4-6 times a day .
(Given the hospitals near by that could be expected .)

1 lobby elevator that was down for a small amount of time on 1 day .

In room keurig was nice .
Microwave was 5$ a night .

Shower no bath in our rooms.

The lobby mens bathroom has a latch that slides into broken marble / concrete .

If not for the staff being remarkable
Usamma and Ahmed , I would of rated my stay 1-2 stars.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego - La Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2017

Hi jason p,

Thank you for taking the time in posting a review about our property on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your kind words towards our hotel staff and the customer service they delivered. It is indeed heartwarming when a valued guest takes the time to acknowledge the passion and effort that our customer service team put every day. On the other hand, I am sorry to read that you were not thoroughly impressed with the food served.Your comments are noted and forwarded to our management team for proper evaluation. I greatly appreciate you sharing your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to further understand what we can adjust or do more for our guests to get the most out of their stay with us.

Again, thank you for your comments and for choosing us for your lodging needs.

Ingrid V.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed June 21, 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this Holiday Inn while on business. Room was clean, bed comfortable, and shower was nice and hot. Nothing special but a good hotel for the money. The location was very convenient for business in El Cajon. There were lots of local eateries close by. Drive to and from San Diego airport was easy and not too much traffic. Recommend for business travelers in this area.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled on business
Gary C, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego - La Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2017

Thank you so much for the great review. I am very pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations.

Hopefully, we will see you again soon.

Reviewed May 22, 2017 via mobile

My stay at the Holiday Inn this time was, interesting. Let me start from the end... staff, great! Management, wonderful. Truly accommodated to their best the comedy of errors that proceeded...
Set registration for 2 queens, got 1 king. The room was supposed to have a sofa bed (the king i did not reserve). No sofa, requested a rollaway or cot, no cots. But, to top it off, there was no hot water.
Now, i have stayed in this hotel before, i do believe it was that room...so, go and stay, just don't get room 201

Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family