“Good Trip” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in La Mesa
Clovis, California
“Good Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We just got back from a four night stay. The room was extremely comfortable with a small fridge. The only down side on the room is that all rooms in hotel do not have baths. The bathroom is nice with a large shower, but with two small young children this was a problem. Luckily we stayed down the street from family and they took baths there. But I probably would book somewhere else if staying with kids. Otherwise a very comfortable stay. Right off the 8 freeway and 10-15 minutes away from all the activities like zoo and seaworld. Right across the street there is McDonalds, Pick up sticks, chipotle, and Carls Jr. The Front desk staff was extremely friendly and check in and out was super fast. Free parking. The onsite restaurant was good and kids eat free which was a great deal. My girls loved the pancakes with powder sugar and slice of bacon. I really enjoyed the California Omelet. Enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Kids eat free!! A good deal. My husband paid for two of us $20 and our 2 kids ate free. Saved money.
    • 5 of 5 stars
Greg W, Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego - La Mesa, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you fr your wonderful review. I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay.

I hope to see you on your next trip to San Diego.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

We booked 2 nights through Hotwire in July 2014. The first night was horrible! The front desk put us in room adjacent to an ice machine, which people were using throughout the night. When I couldn't stand it anymore, I went down to the front desk at 6am to complain. The front desk agent was very surprised, because the ice machine "gets unplugged overnight." I informed him that this was NOT the case on this night. Kudos to that front desk agent; he went above and beyond to switch our room to what turned out to be a great room on the 2nd night. It's due to this front desk agent that I am rating this hotel 3 out of 5 instead of 1 out of 5.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LePlumpier
Greg W, Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego - La Mesa, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear about the noisy ice machine. We do turn off the ice machines at 10pm daily and turn them back on at 8am. Please reach out to me personally to let me know when you stayed so I can talk to the appropriate staff to find out why it was not unplugged that night.

agmhilm@t4shotels.com
Richland, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Hotel is across Costco and other restaurants. Very convenient area to go downtown.
Hotel is clean. It has free Wi-fi and free parking.
The area is very safe. I would definitely recommend this hotel.
Rate is excellent.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I hope to see you on your next visit to San Diego.

Santa Rosa, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Not too impressed with this location. The outdoor pool is a tiny section of parking lot that holds a maximum of 15 swimmers. There were not rollaway beds available when we asked for our 2 adult 3 child group- they offered linens do one could sleep on the floor. I wouldn't sleep on the cleanest hotel floor - and this wasn't the cleanest. Overall I would not choose this location.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Cortney S
Greg W, Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego - La Mesa, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to see that we were not able to meet your needs during your stay. While we may not have rollaway beds available, we do have larger rooms to accommodate larger parties which also come with a pull out couch. Please contact me directly to discuss the cleanliness issues that you faced during your stay so I can ensure we improve ourselves in this area.

agmhilm@t4shotels.com
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I arrived on the the 2nd of July and have gotten amazing customer service from every employee especially Andre he's went above and beyond to ensure our stay has been nothing less than absolutely amazing upon meeting him he was so welcoming and warm made myself and family feel comfortable as if we were all family being welcomed home he helped with direction to tourist attractions and restaurants this has been one of the cleanest hotels I’ve stayed at and will definitely be returning thanks again for everything Andre Rocks.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your 5 star review! I am so happy to see that our staff, especially Andre, were able to go above and beyond for you.

I hope to see you on your next trip to San Diego.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I visited my daughter and her family for the weekend. This location was perfect. It was a mile from their new home and right off I 8. Great restaurants and bars nearby. The rooms were spacious and very comfortable. The employees were always ready with an offer to help or a thank you for staying.

It was the best Holiday Inn experience my wife and I have ever had. We are going back several more times this year.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars
Greg W, Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego - La Mesa, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your great review! I am so glad to see that you were able to have an enjoyable stay.

See you on your next trip to San Diego (and hopefully we can get that 5th star from you on the next trip!)

Guam, Mariana Islands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We were awed by the spacious guest room we had for our family of five. We had two double or queen beds and a roll away bed. It was very clean, modern and most of all comfortable. Close to nearby places to eat and nice shopping malls. Not too far from Sea World and San Diego Zoo. Will return. Family was very pleased!

Room Tip: Choose a room closest to exit areas for accessible parking. Parking stalls are tight but available...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your 5 star review! I hope to see you on your next trip to San Diego!

Also consider these accommodations in or near La Mesa
#3 of 14 in El Cajon
3.5 of 5 stars 125 reviews
Mission Valley / Hotel Circle
San Diego Marriott Mission Valley

Been to Holiday Inn San Diego - La Mesa? Share your experiences!