All reviews the holiday inn room was clean san diego inns freeway hospital
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My mom and I always stay here when we visit family in the area. It is consistently clean quiet and comfortable. We had a little issue trying to get the wifi working last time but it could have been user error.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lauren W
Gary C, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego - La Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear Lauren W;

Thank you for the review. Always glad to hear when a guest has a good stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you had a little trouble with the internet. Please let us know if it happens again, as we will be very prompt in assisting.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one day and I would recommend this place to anyone looking for great service, clean rooms and restrooms, I have no negative comments about this great hotel :)

My husband's family and I are going to San Diego Zoo and Sea World this month and I had no doubt in booking our rooms in this hotel... It's worth the drive :)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Gary C, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego - La Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear DeiniseA844;

WOW! Thank you so much for the great review. We are doing our best to ensure you continue to love the Holiday Inn La Mesa!

We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I recently stayed with a group for 20 nights at the Holiday Inn in La Mesa, California, and I have to rave about the front desk staff. In particular Joshua and Andre and were extremely helpful. They went out of their way everyday to ensure that we had a great experience, Joshua even finished off the laundry of one of the guests in our group when he had to run off to work. We can honestly say that we left this hotel considering Joshua and Andre as friends, because of the care they took of all of us.
The one thing that could definitely use improvement is in regards to the customer service of the restaurant staff. We found them to be short-tempered and rude on most days. They could definitely learn from Joshua about how to take care of guests. This is what prevented me from giving this hotel a 5 star.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank win0nab

Dear Win0nab;

Thanky ou for the great words about Joshua and Andre. We are delighted to have them on the team. Your kind words are greatly appreciated and will be shared with the entire team.

As for the restaurant team. I apologize that the service was not what you expected. I can assure you that we will work harder to step up in that area. As a side note- we just added a new Chef and Food and Beverage Manager. Great things and service are on the way!

We enjoyed having you and your group at the hotel and look forward to seeing you all again.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We are a family of 5, with children ages 2, 3, and 5, so I had to be very particular on where we stayed for 4 nights and 5 days. We got an excellent Priceline "Express" deal for $46/ night. THANK GOD we got the Holiday Inn at La Mesa. We were about to settle for less (2 & 1/2 Stars for $69/night at Hotel Circle in San Diego) but I'm SO glad we chose otherwise. We would have been charged an extra $12/ day for parking and on top of that pay for Wi-Fi at the Hotel Circle area.

At Holiday Inn-La Mesa, parking was free (although spaces are very narrow). Even better was the free Wi-Fi that worked very fast and efficiently. Front desk staff was always very friendly and whenever I called for more towels, they sent someone up right away. The cleaning staff was always kind and did a wonderful job and our room was always cleaned daily (they even organized our toiletries in the bathroom).

Great features:

-Spacious mini-fridge **(NO microwaves in rooms)**
-Decent sized, clear picture LG flat screen TV
-VERY comfy pillows & beds
-Nice furnishings
-Spacious shower **(NO tubs though)**
-Great water pressure and it gets warm/hot quick enough

The downside was that I'm assuming there was some kind of business conference and the guys right across from us were SO loud until 1:00 AM and smoking in a NON-SMOKING hotel. The smoke lingered into our room but the manager took care of it right away. That was the only super annoying part.

Other than that this was such a great stay for us and we will definitely be returning to this hotel whenever we visit San Diego again. THANK YOU to the staff and management for a job WELL DONE!

Room Tip: Try to ask for the 3rd floor in a corner room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank mj513
Gary C, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego - La Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear Mj513;

I appreciate the review and are happy to hear that you and your family had an excellent stay. We pride ourselves on the service and cleanliness of the hotel.

I am sorry to hear of the smoking incident from another guest. We do our best to ensure that this does not happen. I am pleased to see that one of my management team reacted quickly and efficiently.

We look forward to seeing you again......soon.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I would recommend this place to anyone looking to spend time in SD. Nice clean room, comfy bed, GREAT service. The people at the service desk are more than helpful/knowledgeable. Look forward to coming back. Thank you Holiday Inn

• Stayed: March 2013
Gary C, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego - La Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear jam52688;

Thank you for the review. I will definitely pass this on to our staff in this month's celebration. They ill be delighted to know that their services left such a great impression.