See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We are a family of 5, with children ages 2, 3, and 5, so I had to be very particular on where we stayed for 4 nights and 5 days. We got an excellent Priceline "Express" deal for $46/ night. THANK GOD we got the Holiday Inn at La Mesa. We were about to settle for less (2 & 1/2 Stars for $69/night at Hotel Circle in San Diego) but I'm SO glad we chose otherwise. We would have been charged an extra $12/ day for parking and on top of that pay for Wi-Fi at the Hotel Circle area.

At Holiday Inn-La Mesa, parking was free (although spaces are very narrow). Even better was the free Wi-Fi that worked very fast and efficiently. Front desk staff was always very friendly and whenever I called for more towels, they sent someone up right away. The cleaning staff was always kind and did a wonderful job and our room was always cleaned daily (they even organized our toiletries in the bathroom).

Great features:

-Spacious mini-fridge **(NO microwaves in rooms)**
-Decent sized, clear picture LG flat screen TV
-VERY comfy pillows & beds
-Nice furnishings
-Spacious shower **(NO tubs though)**
-Great water pressure and it gets warm/hot quick enough

The downside was that I'm assuming there was some kind of business conference and the guys right across from us were SO loud until 1:00 AM and smoking in a NON-SMOKING hotel. The smoke lingered into our room but the manager took care of it right away. That was the only super annoying part.

Other than that this was such a great stay for us and we will definitely be returning to this hotel whenever we visit San Diego again. THANK YOU to the staff and management for a job WELL DONE!

Room Tip: Try to ask for the 3rd floor in a corner room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank mj513
Gary C, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego - La Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear Mj513;

I appreciate the review and are happy to hear that you and your family had an excellent stay. We pride ourselves on the service and cleanliness of the hotel.

I am sorry to hear of the smoking incident from another guest. We do our best to ensure that this does not happen. I am pleased to see that one of my management team reacted quickly and efficiently.

We look forward to seeing you again......soon.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I would recommend this place to anyone looking to spend time in SD. Nice clean room, comfy bed, GREAT service. The people at the service desk are more than helpful/knowledgeable. Look forward to coming back. Thank you Holiday Inn

• Stayed: March 2013
Gary C, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego - La Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear jam52688;

Thank you for the review. I will definitely pass this on to our staff in this month's celebration. They ill be delighted to know that their services left such a great impression.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I spend a weekend with my friends at the hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The front desk had an answer for every question we had in such a welcoming way. Both rooms were very clean and smelled fresh.

Thank you for making it a wonderful weekend.

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms are ideal !
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Gary C, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego - La Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear king_reception,

I, as well as my team, appreciate the kind comments. The team here truly is great and work hard to satisfy all of our guests. Like all reviews, I will share your comments at our next monthly associate appreciation lunch.

Again, thank you for your kind remarks. We hope the Holiday Inn La Mesa becomes your "home away from home" while in San Diego.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Hotel has a worn feeling - room was clean, but carpet seemed old, bathroom seemed old, elevators seemed old... No frills, just a decent place to stay for the night close to the freeway. The staff was nice enough, and it was walking distance to shopping and dining. This is definitely not the best Holiday Inn I have stayed at, next time I'm in the area I will probably stay at one of the other hotels within a mile or two of this one.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Calibusinessmom,

Thank you for the review. I am glad to hear that the service and location met your expectations.

The hotel was renovated towards the end of 2008/2009. The bathrooms have been refreshed with granite tops, modern tiling and amenities. The room and corridors were done at the same time. The color scheme of dark natural woods, earth tones and modest lighting were chosen to give a more relaxed feel. I am sorry to hear that this decor gave you a different perception.

As for the elevators, they are older, but certified by the state for compliance. We are hoping to do a "refresh" with them sometime in the newar future.

Thanks again for the review, and we look forward to having you back.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Staff friendly and helpful. Room smelled like cigarettes even though I had to sign that I wouldn't smoke in room(I'm not a smoker). Also, put us across from conference room where a seminar was going on so a little noisy. Rate was very reasonable for room and parking close to room.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from conference rooms
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Shazamsue,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Holiday Inn La Mesa. Your feedback is crucial for our success and for future guests.

I am sorry to hear of the "smoke" smell in the room. I can assure you that this issue has been addressed and that my housekeeping staff is working diligently to ensure this does not occur moving forward.

Again, thank you.