Holiday Inn San Diego - La Mesa
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Harvey's Motel(San Diego)
View Hotel
Ace Budget Motel(San Diego)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe holiday innroom was cleansan diegofree parkingshopping and restaurantsrooms are niceel cajoncostcoclosetsdsu
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 23, 2011

The heater spewed smoke, activating the smoke alarm and my wife's asthma.
We called the front desk and for ten minutes got no answer, but when I went down to the lobby there was someone there, appearing to be chatting on the phone.
We were given another room, although no assistance in moving our stuff there.
We noticed the white curtains had large stains suggestive of dried blood.
The manager was pretty indifferent the next day but offer to refund one day's costs if I would call Travelocity and put them in touch with him. After an hour on holdm I spoke to Travelocity and they tried to call him. They were told he was in a meeting.
Travelocity wanted me to call them again later in hopes of maybe catching him in the office.
I now understand why when other hotels are fully booked Holiday has vacancies. Their culture is not service oriented, and they are not prepared to solve problems for guests.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Bert B
Klawler, Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego - La Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2011

I wanted to take the opportunity to apologize for your experience and ask you for the opportunity to change your mind about the service culture here at Holiday Inn La Mesa.
We try extremely hard as a management team to provide an exceptional product to each guest by frequent inspections, preventative maintenance, staff training, and customer feedback.
I will admit that prior to your feedback, I had been neglecting to test the heater during my summer inspections after testing the Air Conditioner. As the systems within the unit are separate, both need to be looked at to make sure they are functional. As our near perfect weather starts to shift and guests begin to use the heater portion, we need to be proactive and make sure the unit works properly. I take full responsibility.
I also want to apologize for your experience with the follow up. I have printed and displayed your feedback, spoken with employees, and required staff to be proactive in solving guest issues.
I understand the process is complicated with third party vendors for any service recovery because any credit we want to issue to you will go directly to the third party company (Travelocity) since we charge them directly for your stay. Unfortunately the travel industry as a whole has not come up with a solution to that problem. What we can and should all do is work together to make you satisfied. I will make every attempt to contact you through specifics you mentioned in this posting. If you have the opportunity, please contact me directly at 619.698.7747.
Keith Lawler

Reviewed August 17, 2011

Having had to pick a hotel at the last minute, we didn't have a large choice to choose from, but having picked the Holiday Inn in La Mesa, we couldn't have been more happy. First off, the hotel is centrally located in La Mesa, and very close to the state college. It sits just off the freeway tucked off the side of the main road. The staff were very friendly, the rooms were beautiful, and the little restaurant was perfect! We will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: Get the rooms with the breakfast included! It's worth the money!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for the great feedback! We are just 4 miles from the San Diego State University campus and love to host visiting families during school activities. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed August 14, 2011

I was told I had been charged $500 for infractions that were written on the bottom of the form that was signed at check in . No one pointed out the rules upon check in, just shoved a piece of paper that was to be signed without any explaination of the small print at the bottom of the page.We were also not told upon checking out that there was any problem. It wasn't until I received my credit card bill a month later, when I was unable to prove or disprove their allegations, that I called to find out why an extra charge of $500 was on my bill. Be careful, very careful when dealing with this company.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank imatell

As the trend continues in the hospitality industry to provide a smoke free environment to our guests, Holiday Inn La Mesa takes the issue very seriously. We want everyone to enjoy their stay with us. For that reason, we provide areas outside the building for guests who would like to smoke.
Once inside the building, we strictly enforce our non smoking policy. We require all guests to initial specifically for the smoking and pet policy because the penalty charge is severe. Since we have increased the charges, we have had very few incidents at this property. We feel that this charge in necessary to both prevent guests from smoking in rooms and to recoup some of the costs associated with placing the room out of order and bringing in specialists to remove the smoke odor and damage. Occasionally, costs even exceed the penalty fee, but may be necessary to provide that smoke free environment.

Reviewed August 8, 2011

the one elevator is slow, but once on the floor - the room was fine. the housekeeping came everyday and gave us extra pillows, blankets and towels when requested. Folks at the front desk were very nice.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the feedback about our elevator. We have since had our elevator company adjust settings and hope that future guests do not have to wait.
I am proud of my guest services team and enjoy your positive feedback, but really like to show our housekeeping staff how much they can do to make you feel at home! Thank you!

Reviewed August 4, 2011

The beds were very comfortable and the enviroment quite!

Room Tip: clean and quiet comfy beds
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Klawler, Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego - La Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2011

Thank you! It always makes us feel good as a team when we are recognized by you! Our goal at Holiday Inn La Mesa is to welcome you and host you as you would with friends and family.