“Best Italian in the San Diego area”
Review of Tiramisu Trattoria

Tiramisu Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Tiramisu Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 206 Restaurants in La Mesa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 22, 2009

When we want to esat Italian, Trattoria Tiramisu is the place we choose. The atmosphere is not as cosy as could be a real Italian restaurant in Europe, but in the US, it's already a lot. Waiters and the owner are really nice, all of Italian origin, and the food is really good. The cocktails are worth trying, and not too expensive as compared to other establishments. They propose a nice variety of appetizers, and the pasta selection is excellent. Food quantity is maybe a little bit too much, and sauces are pretty heavy (but delicious!). Thus, be carefull, ordering an appetizer + an entree leaves no room for dessert. Which is too bad, since their tiramisu is absolutely perfect.

2  Thank maite_maite

Reviewed March 9, 2009

My wife and I frequent this restaurant and think is time to tell you a bit about our favorite place, The food is always great, wether you are having a pasta, fresh fish or even a piece of meat, they have a full bar with all the super premium brands and a nice wine list and as far as the service is concerned it is always great,
The owners are always there making sure the service is top notch and everyone leaves happy. All and all a great place.

Reviewed January 24, 2009

Having been to Tiramisu many times I decided it was time to let everyone know about this exceptional East County Resturant. Service is always very good and the food is great. Some Italian resturants are heavy tasting with no imagination and some are predictable which is good if you have small children. The food is fresh and many of the maet and fish dishes may be cooked different ways. If you live in East County San Diego give it a try and avoid the problems of Downtown San Diego. It truely is the only Italian resturant in East County

Reviewed July 26, 2008

I have read the reviews already listed and I have no explanation for the negative tone. My wife, daughter and I have eaten several times at Tiramisu (lunch) and we we have nothing but compliments for the friendly service AND great food. My daughter worked for many years in the restaurant business here in the San Diego and I respect her knowledge and judgement in this area. Her position: Tiramisu is great! I am sorry that some people had a negative experience, but the reality is that every business has an off day and maybe the other reviewers just hit a bad day. We look forward to visting Tiramisu in the near future.

Reviewed May 31, 2008

My husband and I are not finicky diners and have never written a negative review. Tonight, however, is the exception.

We took my parents to Tiramisu Trattoria for dinner. The service was horrible and the food was sub-par. After waiting an extraordinarily long time for our meal, two of our four entrees came out cold and undercooked.

When we politely advised our waiter, whom I believe is the owner, he condescendingly explained "al dente" to us. (We are very familiar with Italian cooking and, in fact, just returned from Venice. "Al dente" does not mean stick-to-your-teeth undercooked!) The waiter then told us we should ask for "over cooked" food next time.

Believe me, there won't be a next time.

9  Thank BeyondCalifornia