“Amazing menu, huge salad buffet and great food.”

Claim Jumper Restaurants
Ranked #15 of 222 Restaurants in La Mesa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Famous for food crafted with the best ingredients and an atmosphere that makes you feel right at home, Claim Jumper offers an experience sure to satisfy everyone. The menu features a medley of homemade dishes including burgers, sandwiches, fresh-baked pot pie, specialty salads, pasta, baby back pork ribs, seafood, Certified Angus Beef® and much more. All dressings, sauces and desserts are made in house daily including our tempting Six-Layer Chocolate Motherlode cake, featured as one of America’s "Top 5 Most Decadent Desserts" on the Food Network.
Reviewed February 21, 2018

I love Claim Jumper, the food is so good, so much but the service is just OK. we have dinned here many times over the last few weeks. We love the soup and salad bar, the various chicken dinners and the hamburgers. Of course the lunch prices are better, but they give you so much food you could share anything and still be satisfied. Go for dinner too...AND dessert!!!!! You will be happy! I will say I tried the Tri Tip the other day and the flavor was really good but the meat was too chewy I couldn't eat it. They took it back and I ordered a superb chicken dish. I forgot the name...

Reviewed January 5, 2018

I went so I could have my fave hamburger called the Frisco Burger, but it wasn't on the menu. Luckily the waitress said you could still order it and made my day!
Their menu is huge, so something for everyone.
I find the place a bit dark which is annoying, but service and food are great and I will definitely be back.

Reviewed January 3, 2018

Claim Jumper is a good, wholesome spot. The one in La Mesa is consistent. Always a little crowded, and service is spotty. Sometimes you feel rushed, sometimes you wonder if their servers know you're there. But, food is always plentiful and, if you like beef, get it there.
Went there on Thanksgiving without a reservation and was able to sit in the bar area without any wait! Of course, we were a party of 2, so it was easy to get open seating. The food was good, tasted "home made" and was a large enough portion that we had leftovers!

Reviewed January 2, 2018 via mobile

They saved us on New Year’s Eve. We were in Coronado in a hotel with a New Year’s Eve bash and reserved dinner but that fell apart by the hotel. We were driving home very bummed and upset. By 9pm all restaurants were closed or booked. We finally found this restaurant on the way home and they were still Open until 9:30. Staff was very welcoming to us even so close to closing time.

Our server, Monique was very sweet and accommodating. She could tell we were pretty bummed that our plans blew up but really went out of her way to make us feel better. We sat in the bar area in a booth. We had no complaints about the food. It tasted great. We were starving and just needed a nice outing to save our night before we went back home to the kids, unexpectedly of course. The calamari was crispy, nice and hot with a nice light non-greasy batter. The wedge salad by far was our favorite. It was so big we could barely eat our main course. At the end of the day CUSTOMER SERVICE can make or break any outing and she made us feel better. Thank you Monique :)

Reviewed November 15, 2017

Had lunch here on Monday as part of Landry's tribute to Veterans; many thanks for recognizing those who served! Our server was Lauren who was very attentive; great job. I had comfort food, hot turkey sandwich, with all the trimmings. Several managers/ supervisors came to the table to ask us how we liked the meal and to thank me for my service, nice touch. Took home the carrot cake, slice was huge, saved for dessert the next night; same with the turkey sandwich, Thanks again Claim Jumper and Landry's.

Been to Claim Jumper Restaurants? Share your experiences!