“Sandwich at the bar”

BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 222 Restaurants in La Mesa
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2016 via mobile

Had lunch here after a visit to my Doctor. As usual I eat at the bar when I can. I was seated right in front of the draft station and noticed a Brewhouse Brand called Jeremiah Red. I asked for it, and Mathew the bartender, asked if I had ever had it before. A negative response prompted him to pour a sample. My response after trying it was, "that's very drinkable."
My food order, a small salad and a triple decker sub appeared almost instantly. Did I mention it was lunch time and the place was crowded?
I finished most of the food, then turned my attention to the ale, and after some serious tasting, I found it to be nearly identical to one of my favorite pub ales I enjoyed while working in England, McCafferty's Irish Cream Ale, (or was it Cafferty's?).
Anyway, the food was great, service excellent, price adequate. Discussing the beer with Mathew I told him that the Jeremiah Red alone was enough to get me to return.

Reviewed May 30, 2016

We eat here regularly. One of the things we like is the varied menu, but also they are open late. We eat here often when I come in on a rather late flight.

Reviewed May 4, 2016

This is a fun, but loud place to go. It has a very large menu, there's always something I like. It's a good place to have a beer too

Reviewed April 29, 2016

Has a great selection of food and their beer is great! Parking is hard to find so it is easier to park down by Target.

Reviewed April 25, 2016

Lunch or dinner at Bj's bar area is a great place to meet friends and enjoy a game; whether baseball, Hockey playoffs or Basketball! They have an extensive menu. I enjoy the Spinach starter salad and the BBQ Rid starter is to "die for" great- falls off the bone, they use a root-beer barbeque sauce that's excellent! I try to stop by at least once a week!