“Very Good Food But At A Price”
Review of Antica Trattoria

Antica Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Antica Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 218 Restaurants in La Mesa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Antica trattoria is a modern casual Italian eatery. Using organic and localy sourced Ingredients ,
Reviewed November 30, 2012

There is no doubt that this little restaurant has excellent food. It is a well guarded secret that the locals have carefully kept for themselves. The prices, on the other hand, are no bargain. The truth is that you can find equally good food for less elsewhere... but you may have to drive a few miles to get it.

2  Thank DVMOUSE

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Bought an online coupon for this restaurant even though I had never heard of it, but bought it based on the online menu. While they do not make all of the pasta in-house, there are several items on the menu that are freshly made on premises. Both my husband and I were pleased with the menu options, prices and quality of the food.

The service was outstanding and we were very happy with the timing of our different courses.

A reservation is needed - the restaurant filled up quickly and there were a few parties outside waiting for tables to clear. We had an early reservation (5:30p.m.) and it began filling up around 6p.m.

1  Thank lkondrat
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Atmosphere, food, prices, everything about this restaurant is great. I've been here multiple times and loved it. High recommend!

1  Thank AnnaMichele04
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We have been going to Antica Trattoria for years - and we are never disappointed. The food is outstanding, the staff/service is superb, and the wine list is varied and reasonable. We usually go with their specials, be it steak with gorgonzola or, as I had tonight - lamb osso buco. I'm an osso buco freak, and theirs, both veal and lamb, are some of the best I've ever had - even in Italy. From the outside, it just looks like another storefront in a strip mall, but inside you're transformed into a little glimpse of Italy - and one of the best Italian restaurants in San Diego. Don't go here if you're looking for checked tablecloths and pizza, but if you want true Italian cuisine, don't miss it. It's only a couple of miles from our house, but even if I were staying in the Gaslamp or Mission Valley, it's worth the trip to the 'burbs to check it out.

1  Thank SuperM0n
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I kept looking for a restaurant that had seafood and pasta and after reading bad reviews of several in the area because of quality and/or price, I found this place. Some of the best food I've ever eaten.Anywhere. Everything that we ordered was amazing. The only thing that was better than the food, or at least equal, was the service. Our waiter and every other person who worked there were simply amazing and went above and beyond just serving. We asked if they had plastic forks for us to take with our leftovers and the girl we asked first said she couldn't find any. Not only did she keep looking, she ran after us when she found them! You would never think of going based on location- it's in a little shopping area and if you drove by, you wouldn't think of stopping. It was close to our hotel, but after eating there, I'd say it's more than worth the effort to seek it out if you're in the San Diego area. The food was fabulous, a hot basket of bread ("want more bread? Sure.")and great service. Prices reasonable.

1  Thank dibmin