“Good on a budget and pet friendly” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 San Diego - La Mesa

Motel 6 San Diego - La Mesa
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in La Mesa
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Good on a budget and pet friendly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

We needed a budget hotel for the weekend and this was it. The room was clean but had a bad smell when we first walked in, I'm pretty sure it was from the old AC unit, the smell did eventually get better. We loved that they are pet friendly and didn't have a pet fee. Don't expect a coffee maker or microwave in the rooms. The staff was super friendly, that's a plus. The only thing that made it uncomfortable was the sketchy people walking around all hours of the night. This place is definitely for those on a budget, keep that in mind.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Needed a last minute budget hotel for a night. At 1st sight this motel appeared shabby from the outside but the rooms were actually pretty nice. There's cable tv and a mini fridge. The linen was clean and our smoking room didn't smell stale. The location is close to public transportation, next to a grocery store and close to the main hwy.

• Stayed August 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is a cool little place out of the way. I checked in around 4PM and the guy at the front desk was great. He offered to change my room for more convenient parking but the room he moved me to was smoking. So I went back to the original room and he gave me complementary WI FI access for the trouble of having to come back to the office to get the key redone. Great value.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Charles D
Anchorage, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed for our last night to save some money after staying downtown all weekend. The hotel was clean enough, but you get what you pay for otherwise. The location is not very conveinent to the rest of San Diego and there is not much around as far as places to eat or for groceries. They do have a small continental breakfast in the mornings. That said, it's a good budget hotel I think we only paid $50 a night and it was fine for the price, I'd recommend it if you're looking to save money.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Tallahassee, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I've been traveling for about a month, now. I've been staying in Motel 6's because most of them have been recently renovated & because they are the cheapest national motel chain. You can find a Motel 6 anywhere. So, the first Motel 6 I st as yed in was on the Las Vegas strip. My room was recently renovated. I asked for a recently renovated room. I had a flat screen tv & the bedding that comes with the recently renovated rooms, which is orange & beige. I had a stand up shower in the Motel 6 on the Lad Vegas strip. That mafe it hard to shave my legs standing up. So, the next Motel 6 I stayed at was in downtown San Diego. I asked for a recently renovated room. Again, it was nice. I had a bathtub & shower this time. Plus, I had a flat screen tv, again. I stayed in another Motel 6 near La Jolla. They call it Motel 6 North on my phone. It's on Clairemont Mesa Blvd. I didn't ask for a recently renovated room & didn't get one. There was carpet on the floors instead of the renovated wood. I don't think it's real wood. There was also no flat screen tv. Anyhow, this room wasn't recently renovated, but I was very pleased! I even got a room next to the ice machine. I was keeping bottled water in my sink & filling my sink with ice to keep it cold. So, being next to the ice machine was a plus. I did ask for a room downstairs, because of my luggage. It's heavy! However, the room I'm sta ying at in La Mesa, the room I should be reviewing, is NOT as nice as the others. The room had a musty smell... You get used to it & don't smell it anymore, though. The vent cover is off the A/C & Heating. There is also no flat screen. The sink in the bathroom is smaller than other Motel 6's. That's a problem because I'm using my sink as a make-shift ice chest. This Motel 6 is almost a mile from the trolley. I had to walk carrying very heavy luggage. I had a heavy bookbag on my shoulders. Call a cab if you carry luggage on your shoulders. This is unhealthy to walk with so much weight on you. I enjoy walking, but not with a heavy bookbag on my shoulders. It's so inconvienient to walk from the trolley to here, unless you have very little or no luggage at all.

• Stayed July 2012
None of your business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

I stayed at this Motel 6 while I was down south for vacation. I had La Mesa PD show up at my hotel room after midnight on the last night of my stay and place me under arrest, saying that they had a felony warrant for my arrest. I was not aware of this and if I had been, it would have been taken care of long ago. I went to jail ONCE in my life and it's been at least 5 years, but it's still haunting me... And out of the blue! I will never stay at this Motel 6 again.

Room Tip: Compliance with Law We may disclose Guest Information to law enforcement agencies, or may be requir...