“What's the bUZZ on Haritna?”

No photo provided
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 73rd
Transit: Metro Bus 1.
Oceanside, California
“What's the bUZZ on Haritna?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

COMMENTS FROM bUZZ LADIES

"Great food. Quantity was large."

"Everything was excellent."

"Eggplant/Zucchini - Excellent"

"House specialty - 1/2 chicken excellent. One of my favorite places."

"Great food and service. Love this place."

"Food well prepared. Excellent presentation of Mediterranean food."
bUZZ RATING (1 to 4)

Quality of Service 4

Value 4

Overall Taste 4

Likelihood to Return 4
Audra's thoughts

Did you notice that in the comments from the rest of us the word "excellent" was used 4 times? There's a reason for that. It's the perfect word to describe every aspect of this little neighborhood restaurant that serves "traditional, healthy, hometown, authentic Middle Eastern cuisine." Haritna is located on the busy street of El Cajon Blvd in La Mesa and I would say it's an easy miss BUT don't miss the chance to try this place. You will be blown away by the level of service and quality of food. They have described on the website that when you walk in it's like being invited into someone's home and it really is. They even have a couch area with a table to play chess on. I really hope that people take advantage of this relaxing venue. Perhaps snacking on some of the exquisite tapas choices while enjoying the Hooka outside on their patio.

A couple of us took advantage of the 5 tapas for $10 at happy hour time. How in the world can you beat that? We sampled the Hummus, Yogurt, Falafel plate, and Tabouleh. To be honest, I'm not a fan of Tabouleh in the first place, so I truly can't comment on that dish, but everything else was, dare I say, excellent. After the Tapas, we were absolutely stuffed and couldn't order a main enteree. That's fine by me. I don't need another reason to come back to this family run restaurant, but I sure do have an excuse now!

Click here for full review and pics. http://www.thebuzzladies.com/blog/entry/haritna

Visited March 2012

Palm Springs, CA
“What a pleasant surprise!"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2011

We were staying nearby and looking for any halfway decent restaurant when we came across Haritna. It was spartan in decoration and has a lovely outdoor patio. We wanted to sit outside thought it was getting a bit chilly -- they kindly turned on the heaters and it was great. There were also a few people smoking from hookahs but let it be known that the smoke was very minimal and there was no odor at all. And we were sitting rather close to the smoker.

The wait staff was very attentive, bringing appetizers and beers. The menu is not large, but more than satisfactory. We could easily have chosen 5 or 6 of the entrees and been very happy. My friend had the roast chicken and I had shish kebabs. They were both delicious, with HUGE plates. We couldn't finish it all. Even more amazing was the price -- the dinners ran between 8 and 10 dollars, and the entire meal with appetizer, drinks and main course was less than 30 dollars. When was the last time THAT happened at a nice restaurant? You can almost pay that for fast food nowadays, and this was home cooked style!

We really think it's a find that ought to be found! We don't have any relationship whatsoever to the restaurant, but if you are in La Mesa, it's not far. If you are in San Diego, it's worth the 15 minute ride -- it won't be longer than that. Enjoy some fun, interesting, healthy mediterranean food!

• Visited September 2011