“Clean, Comfy and Quiet”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in La Mesa
Big Stone City
“Clean, Comfy and Quiet”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

When I stayed here last it was for vacation so it was only for a couple of days. This time I am considering moving to San Diego for work so I needed to stay for 3 weeks and look for a place to live. The people working here are more than nice, they even switched my bags from 1 room to another when my first reservation was up but I decided to stay another week.

The second room was better than the first, bigger room with more space a little larger tv and the best wifi signal that I had since I left my house.

SuperStart Continental breakfast is good since it comes with the room, had a coffee a muffin and toast with a banana. Thats good enough for me, better than spending another 5 or so dollars on McDonalds.

Room Tip: Again, NEVER eat at the mexican taco spot down the street called Oscar's!!! I should have learne...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
La Mesa
Reviewed April 11, 2014

This Super 8 was GREAT ! The man who checked us in was Great he even printed out some driving directions for us! They gave a group of Virtual Enterprise students early breakfast, so we could go to a competition! These were great customer service related thing to do for us to go back next year !

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed April 11, 2014

It was renovated nicely and the staff were very helpful and freindly.the only fault I could find is the location. University Ave is not a quiet street and all the rooms face the street. We stayed for 3 days in mid March 2014

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Wellington, Florida
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We transferred to this hotel after having a bad experience at nearby hotel. The desk staff, cleaning staff, and the owner could not have been nicer. We sill definitely come back to this motel when again in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Rancho Cordova/Folsom
Reviewed March 25, 2014

When I first walked in the room I was impressed for a Super 8. It seemed clean and newer carpet, loved the refridge and mircrowave in the room, always comes in handy. When I went to fold the comforters down (2 queen beds) I was rather grossed out by the visual dirtiness underneath my comforter, mind you there is only a sheet and comforter, no blanket, so I kept the comforter half way down all night from me. My son's beds comforter was clean. The coffee maker was only a 1 cup machine rather then a 4 cup, Im a coffee person so that disappointed me. The office person was nice, the breakfast was minimal, there was a dead mosquito on the counter by the food so I just decided to grab a banana and call it good. Would I stay again, NO. Was is quiet yes but the dirty comforter really bothered me. LIke my son said, Mom don't stay anywhere with a number in the name (cute!)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Days Inn & Suites San Diego SDSU
Holiday Inn San Diego - La Mesa
Rodeway Inn San Diego Near Qualcomm Stadium
Howard Johnson Inn San Diego State University Area

Been to Motel 6 La Mesa CA? Share your experiences!