“Nice friendly hotel”
Review of Motel 6 La Mesa CA

Motel 6 La Mesa CA
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in La Mesa
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel for one night. Previous reviews helped make our decision and they proved to be accurate. Our room was small but nicely decorated, well maintained and updated. Towels were small but we had two each which worked. Big screen TV, fridge and a good shower pressure. Breakfast was limited, cereal, fruit, yogurt and packaged pastries but good for the very reasonable price we paid for the night. We had a really good dinner at the Mystic Grill next door. The staff on the front desk at check in and out were very friendly and helpful. We were very satisfied with our experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Janette H

Reviewed July 9, 2012

My buddy and were in town for a 3 day golf tournament and we booked here based on reviews and price. We were not disappointed. The room was clean, the beds comfortable and the staff beyond helpful. We stayed 3 nights and for sure I would stay again. It was a lot more comfortable than other rooms at 3 times the price. As was written by others, the parking is tight so if you are driving a huge truck you may want to look somewhere else, but we didn't have a problem.

This is not a 4 star luxury hotel, so don't expect that if you stay. It is a clean Super 8 at a great price though. They even had a little continental breakfast that we left too early to try.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank RSinSG
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Stayed four nights at this Super 8. It is a good, reasonably priced motel for this area. Our room was clean...bed was huge...and the refrigerator made it even better. I would recommend it to anyone staying in the area. As was previously mentioned, the parking spaces are TIGHT! But everyone seemed to take care with parking and we had no major problems. My husband has allergies and the dust mites in the bedding caused him a great deal of problems. We finally took the heavy comforter off the bed and used just a sheet at night. That seemed to help a bit. The breakfast is really sparse....but take a short walk down the street to Shirley's for a GREAT breakfast. Shirley's special (2 eggs, 2 pancakes and 2 sausages or bacon) for $5.99. We went there every morning and then skipped lunch......

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I'm still smiling from my experience! Walking in, the bed was very presentable, the cover looked brand new and fresh. The Updated rooms are very nicely furnished with a very nice office chair at the desk, a huge TV screen, very clean sheets, carpet and a nice comfortable chair in the corner. The bathroom was upated with granite and there were plenty of towels and and nice tub for soaking after a full day of Fun in San Diego. The Frige worked perfectly and frankly I was surprised with the Microwave in the room for the price I paid. The Staff was welcoming and helpful and attentive. Never would have guessed a nice hotel exsisted in an "Out of the way" part of San Diego. Would book it again in a heart beat!!

Room Tip: There is no pool or restaurant
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2012

For what I paid for my room, I got a lot for my money. The room was spacious, clean, and updated. The location was also reasonable, probably about 15 minutes to all the San Diego attractions.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Bryce L
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I was looking for a place in San Diego that would not cost a lot and one that i would not regret booking.I found it in the super 8
Stayed here for 4 nights. paid about $200 for all the nights. The room had all you need. microwave,fridge,internet,free parking. Every morning house keeping came and cleaned up .its in a good area close to all the attractions,so no complaints at all.
Well the only thing is that the breakfast wasn't really as good as other places. But for what you are paying that is more than understandable.
The staff was polite and nobody seemed to have an attitude. it looks like a family run business.Its close to a few local restaurants and some well known chains.
I was very pleased with the super 8.they met all my needs. Cleanliness,good price and close proximity to attractions. I would recommend this hotel to anybody looking for those same qualifications.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Rooms very clean. Staff exceptionally friendly & helpful. Beds the most comfortable I have ever slept in

• Stayed: June 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near La Mesa
Lodge Of La Mesa
#5 of 8 in La Mesa
Mission Valley / Hotel Circle
Kings Inn San Diego
Kings Inn San Diego
#24 of 278 in San Diego

Been to Motel 6 La Mesa CA? Share your experiences!