“Will stay here from now on...”
Review of Motel 6 La Mesa CA

Motel 6 La Mesa CA
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in La Mesa
Lewisville, Texas
“Will stay here from now on...”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I couldn't have been more pleased with this property! I chose it based on Trip Advisor reviews, when I had to be in La Mesa for my twin brother's wedding. The hotel was easy to find, and within 5 minutes of where I needed to be. There was ample parking. The room was clean and convenient, complete with a fridge and microwave. Breakfast in the morning was great--little pastries, yogurt, coffee, and juice.

This hotel is family operated, and you can tell. From the moment I checked in, they were so friendly to my mother and I. They carried our bags to our room, even though it wasn't too terribly far. They gave us traffic and directions advice, and did everything they could to make our stay positive. We just loved them!

Due to some last minute family issues, we had to change our itinerary to leave a day early than we had reserved. I had gotten a reduced rate by pre-paying, with a condition that there would be no refund for an early departure. When we checked out early, I assumed I would be charged the full amount, as that is what I agreed to. What an amazing surprise that the owner himself comp'ed the third night and did not charge me! I couldn't believe it! What a great business!!

I will definitely choose this establishment each time I visit my brother and his wife from now on :)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Super8SanDiego, General Manager at Motel 6 La Mesa CA, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Thank you very much for allowing us to serve you on your recent trip to San Diego/ La Mesa. I am truly excited that you will return to visit us when you return to San Diego. It was my pleasure to help with your luggage, it is all part of the service we attempt to provide our wonderful guests. I look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to San Diego!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Almost everything was perfect, the room, the mattress, no bad smell all clean and quiet. The only bad thing was the continental breakfast, there was nothing to eat beside buns, and the juice machine was out of order.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for allowing us to serve you on your recent trip to San Diego/ La Mesa. We do apologize for the quality of the towels and the limited selection of items for our continental breakfast. You are correct we are currently expanding our facilities to accomodate a larger selection of breakfast items. Unfortunately, until that time we are only allowed to serve pre-package items. We will be offering up to 8 individual items in our new expanded Super Start Breakfast. It is our hope you will give us another oppurtunity to serve your lodging needs.
north georgia
Reviewed March 8, 2012

very nice place and friendly people. the towels could be improved. Continental breakfast was no more than a honey bun, coffee and juice. I think they are working on improving that.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Boulder, CO
Reviewed February 15, 2012

We found our very cheap, but conveniently located room at the Super 8 surprisingly nice; updated with granite counter at the sink, a mini-fridge and microwave in the room, new, comfy beds with nice linens, very clean. There were some interesting characters at night in the parking lot, but the night manager was out there keeping an eye on everything. A manager is on the premises 24/7 and we found security to be excellent. Everyone we encountered on the staff was pleasant and helpful. Don't look for breakfast, but just down the street is Shirley's Diner, a famiy-run place that serves very good food with friendly service.

Room Tip: The back corner rooms, while quieter, have poorer quality internet access,which the manager told us...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
I am pleased our night auditor did his duty and made you feel safe at our location. Our goal is to simply provide a clean, quiet, and safe location for our guests and to provide them with superior servie. Thank you for your kind words, they are much appriciated and will serve as motivation for our team!
Big Stone City
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I read the other reviews on this hotel and they are spot on accurate. The rooms are clean, pretty quite ( traffic noise in the morning) and they use black out curtains so I was still asleep at 11am which was amazing. Showers had plenty of hot water, and the towels while a little worn worked great even soaked up the water on the floor from not closing the curtain all the way. I read the one review stating the towels ripped after the first use, thats a bunch of bull pucky! I'm a big man and they held up to me just fine, they're probably one of those " I want everything perfect but I don't want to pay for it" kind of families.

The man at the front desk was nice, I had called him and informed him I would be arriving late he said not to worry that he would be there till very early in the morning to help me check-in....and he was sitting at the desk at 3 in the morning when I finally got to the hotel.

Room Tip: Food Tip: Never eat at the mexican place down on the corner called Oscar's. The food tasted ok b...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank HammerSD
Allow me to thank you for your kind words about our hotel they are greatly appreciated. We apologize for the street noise. We at Super 8 La Mesa strive to make every stay for every guets as memorable as possible, and we are very pleased that your experience was pleasurable. We look forward to your next visit to San Diego.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed January 22, 2012

The price is great and it is clean. Convenient location, great tv, and free parking and budget breakfast.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Super8SanDiego, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 La Mesa CA, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
Lady Stephana, first allow me to sincerely thank you for choosing Super 8 La Mesa for your travel needs. We are glade that you are finding everything accommodating. We are also in the process of upgrading our Continental Breakfast to include waffles and or pancakes, chocolate milk and other breakfast delights.
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Planned a last minute visit to SD at the end of Comic-Con. With few reasonable rooms available downtown, I chose to stay further out. I was very pleased with the hotel room. Bed was comfortable, lots of room in fridge for stocking drinks and snacks, with a grocery store just down the street. Downside was having to do more driving, but highway access is easy. Front desk staff was very helpful with driving directions.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Snurful
I am thrilled that we were able to exceed the expectations of a valued guest. I am humbled by the fact that we are your first review. I have to give full credit to our team memebers who genuinely care about every guest who stays at our facility. I will share you kind words with my team to ensure their efforts are not going unnoticed by our valued guests and to serve as motivation to exceed the expectations of every guest, every time. Once again, we are very greatful you took the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community and we look forward to seeing you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near La Mesa
Holiday Inn San Diego - La Mesa
Rodeway Inn San Diego Near Qualcomm Stadium
Days Inn & Suites San Diego SDSU
Howard Johnson Inn San Diego State University Area

Been to Motel 6 La Mesa CA? Share your experiences!