“Tasty sushi at an affordable price”

Banbu Sushi Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Banbu Sushi Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 204 Restaurants in La Mesa
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
San Diego, California
“Tasty sushi at an affordable price”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is the best sushi place I have found in La Mesa. There are many happy hour roll specials with happy hour lasting all evenings on Monday and Tuesday. There are many kinds of exotic sake. The chicken fried rice is delicious and inexpensive. It has a relatively nice atmosphere considering it is situated in an ugly mall...a stone's throw from a Petco.

I am definitely a repeater here.

• Visited May 2013

San Diego, California
“I'll Keep Coming Back”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I've been to Banbu Sushi at least 20+ times over the last few years. The Food is a bit pricey if you don't go in during happy hour but it's well worth it. The food is very good, I have never had a problem with the food or it's quality. Service is always great even when it's exteremly busy like a Friday night. I have ordered food to go several times here as well and it's great. The garlic edamame is great but so is the baked langosta role, kobe role, onion soup, and chicken bowl. It's located close to me so I will be coming back here and I have introduced this place to several family members and friends who keep coming back.

• Visited April 2013
Lakeside, California
“Great Sushi”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Eaten here many times and have always left full and happy. Great staff and food, freshest sushi around. Love the spicy tuna roll, you can judge a sushi place by how well they provide this basic dish and I've never been dissappointed.

• Visited May 2013
san diego, california
“Tasty sushi, nice ambience, good happy hour”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We were here for happy hour and ordered a bit of everything. The chicken fried rice was perfectly sticky and delicious, and while a bit heavy on the amount of black pepper, it still made for a tasty and spicy appetizer. Our rolls were nicely sized, fitting perfectly into your mouth in one bite. The Norte roll was spicy and the cilantro was a nice touch. We ordered a tempura battered roll which looked like an order of "sliders" (I don't remember the name). It had a very nice presentation and was well worth the happy hour price. Our server was friendly and added to our pleasant dining experience. We enjoyed our visit and would definitely return when in the La Mesa area.

• Visited March 2013
Kingman, Arizona
“Good Food, Good Service and Great Patio”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Just recently discovered this place off Fletcher Blvd, near the Grossmont Trolley Station. We go here at happy hour and sit outside. My wife and I like the Cobe Beef Roll and the Baja Roll. We also love the Udon Noodle and Rice Bowls. We enjoy sitting outside. They have nice heaters capable of keeping you comfortable on most evenings. The wait staff is very attentive and friendly. They make great suggestions and know the menu well. We are not great sushi eaters but there are plenty of great choices on the menu for all tastes.

• Visited January 2013