“Stay away” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in La Mesa
San diego
“Stay away”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

The staff was awful. Right before checkout our cat got out. We were traveling with 2 cats and I called and asked the front desk to check out late while we looked for our cat. It was 95 degrees and I could not leave the other cat in the car while I looked for the first cat. They said I need to check out and treated me very rudely. Also I did not feel safe staying here. The hotel is in a good area however there was a lot of drug activity in the open, and loud party next door, police were called for a fight down the hall.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Cbperrine
Connie F, General Manager at Heritage Inn La Mesa, responded to this review, June 27, 2015
Dear Guest
Let me start by thanking you for having taken the time to give us your comments regarding your stay at our property last year.
I apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving. For your information we have recently concluded an upgrade in all aspects, furniture has been replaced mattresses as well, lighting indoors and outdoors have been improve, flat TV's have been set up, almost around the clock security service, we still have some outdoor painting to do, the property is already looking good. It is our hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you. We are committed to earning you satisfaction. If we can be of assistance do not hesitate to contact us at: 619 698 9444.
Sincerely,,.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Newark, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

I travel for business at least every other week and this was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in! There is was no Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, alarm clock, coffeemaker, luggage rack or even a bible in the room. Instead of the complementary shampoo, conditioner, lotion, etc., there were two trial packets of nasal strips on the bathroom sink and one was opened and used. The last thing they need to worry about is someone snoring too loudly there because the noise from the freeway will drown it out! I thought that the chewing gum hanging from the light fixture next to the bed was a nice touch and went very well with the burn holes all over the comforter. There was no cover on the air conditioner, the door was warped and you could see feet passing by outside the room, and the carpet was filthy! The free wifi didn't work at all. Two of the guests were arrested down the hall and a window was shot out two doors down. I only gave this review one star because it was as low as it allowed. I was never so happy to get out of a hotel room in my life! My advice...don't stay here!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Kevin M
Connie F, General Manager at Heritage Inn La Mesa, responded to this review, June 24, 2015
Dear Guest:
I apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving. For your information we have recently concluded an upgrade in all aspects, furniture, lighting indoors and outdoors, flat tv sets, almost around the clock security, wre still have some outdoor painting the property is looking good. It is our hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you. If we can be of assistant to you in the near future do not hesitate to contact us at: 619 698 9444.

Travelers are raving about these La Mesa hotels

FORT MOHAVE
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

We had to make an emergency trip to San Diego and our usual places were all booked. This was close to my family so we bit the bullet and stayed 3 nights. The 1st room had an a/c that wasn't working (which we discovered after being gone several hours) so we went to the desk. Clerk immediately upgraded us to a first floor room with a coffee maker and small fridge which we didn't have in the other room. Bed was fairly new and comfortable. Some of the clientele was "iffy" but we were never bothered by anyone. Room attendant was very professional and did a great job cleaning. Desk staff worked hard to extend our stay an extra night during the start of a busy weekend. I think the staff is trying to improve the reputation of the hotel and I hope they succeed.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Connie F, Manager at Heritage Inn La Mesa, responded to this review, December 4, 2014
Dear Sirs:
Let me start by thanking you for having taken the time to give your comments regarding your stay at our property.
Please know we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
Again I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay.
Manager
Lakeside, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

I stayed here for one night and it was horrible! The lady at the front desk was not friendly and seemed miserable. The room I was in was very smelly the carpet was very visibly dirty. I woke up early in the morning to bite marks all over my arm. Do not stay here pay extra to stay somewhere nice! Oh and the hotel is located right off the high and difficult to find. This place should be shut down.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank neveragainhere87
Connie F, General Manager at Heritage Inn La Mesa, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Let me start by thanking you for taking the time to give us your comments regarding your recent stay at our property.
Please know we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving. It is our hope you will give another opportunity to serve you.
If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact us at: 619 698 9444.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stayed here when we lost our home to a fire. Connie, Lucy, Carol and David were all amazing. They were friendly and patient with us during our stay. The rooms were a great value. Clean and tidy. It was quiet and ultimately a very nice stay. Breakfast was fresh bakery danishes and coffee in the AM. I was very happy with my time here. Would recommend to anyone looking for an affordable comfy hotel in San Diego.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Kclovesken
Connie F, General Manager at Heritage Inn La Mesa, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Let me start by thanking you for having taken the time out of your busy schedule to complete our
Guest Survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Staff and Management are delighted to learn that our sincere efforts to make your stay a pleasant and comfortable one fulfilled your expectations , we thank you very much for giving us
such encouraging marks your feedback is much appreciated and I can assure you that this information is used to improve our daily performance. Thank you for having come back to stay with us again.

If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at 619 698 9444.

Again, thank you for your comments and we wish you and your family Happy Holidays!

cflores@heritagehotelgroup.com
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

The hotel was clean in appearance. Parking was difficult and very close quarters. My wife and I were on the 3rd floor the elevators went out. I am handicapped on a knee walker. Placed in a Handicap room 2/3 the size of the 3rd floor room. TV channels poor. Wi fi I was told was not working well and spotty. Daily especially in the early evening and about 9 pm the police were in the parking lot, searching cars, suspects in cuffs. Entrances and exits blocked. Being ex-security, I felt insecure and vulnerable. Attitude of the office staff was pleasant on nights, but in the day time the women were curt, short in speech and had an attitude. Washers did not work well (cleaned poorly), the dryers did not dry well, requiring two rounds of change and a lot of patience. Breakfast was pastries only with coffee. All sugar.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Connie F, General Manager at Heritage Inn La Mesa, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Sirs:
Let me start by thanking you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to submit a Guest Survey review regarding your recent stay at our property. Also please accept my sincere apologies for the long delay before e-mailing you back.

I apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfactory.

Please know we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving. For your information we have started on expanding our WIFI system and have the company in charge of the laundry equipment upgrade the washers and dryers in order to provide better service to our guests, earlier this month the elevator was down for less than an hour undergoing annual inspection.

Heritage Inn La Mesa closely cooperates with LMPD looking after our guests safety and welfare gladly welcoming their random check ups, during your stay LMPD received a report of a car apparently involved in a kidnap was parked in the parking lot of the motel police displayed a thorough search all the commotion resulted in a false alarm.

Again, I apologize for the inconveniences during your stay and hope that you will give us another
opportunity to serve you.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact us at 619 698 9444.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Carpets were old. Elevator inspection is expired. Beds were uncomfortable. We had to unplug lamps inorder to plug in any electronics. Dont stay here if you plan on spending any time awake in the hotel room.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Connie F, General Manager at Heritage Inn La Mesa, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you very much for your review, we value the feedback of all of our guests and are committed to constantly improving our service and providing our guests with the best experience possible.

We are aware of the expired elevator inspection. However, it has been inspected and we are only waiting on the new license to come in.

I hope you will consider us for your travel needs in the future, and we look forward to serving you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near La Mesa
#222 of 278 in San Diego
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,120 reviews
BEST WESTERN Lamplighter Inn & Suites at SDSU
Howard Johnson Inn San Diego State University Area

Been to Heritage Inn La Mesa? Share your experiences!