“Marie, Colton, California”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in La Mesa
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The room smelled so nasty, and gross. The room looked like it had never been updated. Over priced, this was my first and last time staying there. To be honest this was one of the most ugly and gross hotels I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank marie961
Connie F, Manager at Heritage Inn La Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Dear Marie Colton:
Let me start by thanking you for taking the time to give us yor comments regarding your recent stay at our property, also please accept my sincere apologies for taking so long in e-mailing you back. I apologize for not exceeding your expectations, please know we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving, it is our hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
Thank you again for your comments and have a nice day!
Manager

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Front desk people are very rude, On our 1st night we ask for extra pillow, they did not have any but the way front desk people talk extremly rude to us, next morning arount 8:30am i called and request for some extra pillow & fresh towel for our 2nd night stay, arount 8pm we came back to our room no extra pillow, also no fresh towel, so i called front desk 1st they hank up my son's call then after waiting over 5 minute they hang up my call, so i call back very disappointed, no answer why the did not do the room service or have some extra pillow,i ask for some fresh towel i have to go at the front desk to get it,,,,very poor service(i should say they have no service at all)
Nafiz

Room Tip: i will not recomended even to my enemy
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank IVEYNAFIZ
Connie F, Manager at Heritage Inn La Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear Ivey Nafiz:
Let me start by thanking you for completing our Guest Survey regarding your stay at our property.
Please accept my apologies for the unexcusable delay before e-mailing you back.
Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.
If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 619 698 9444.
SIncerely,
cflores@heritagehotelgroup.com

Reviewed March 23, 2012

The Heritage Inn in La Mesa..just off the freeway needs to be shut down. This hotel is breaking every law ....although I can't prove it. ...being trained in certain areas..I can say 100% these people are on drugs and there is protestution going on...I was walking by a room and seen a chart on the wall with names...and some really odd people there doing things...I told my boyfriend, I wanted to leave and we went and got our money back. He said, he didn't know about this, I am not sure if I believe him...I got upset and told him never to go there again.

Room Tip: don't go there...with anyone
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank unknown girl n
Connie F, General Manager at Heritage Inn La Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

First of all I'd like to thank you personally for taking the time to give us a review regarding your stay with us. We depend on the feedback of our valued guests in order to ensure we are aware of issues that affect our customer satisfaction. We appreciate your input and focus on improving and continuously strive to ensure every guest enjoys a satisfying stay.

With regard to your experience with other guests, I can assure you that we take every precaution to avoid renting to anyone who would potentially engage in unacceptable behavior. We work closely with the local law enforcement and our private security company, and pass along any reports of illegal activity to ensure the safety of our guests and their property.

Because of our competitive pricing and convenient location, our hotel is ideal for workers and business travelers. In particular, we host a number of construction workers and salesman who travel in groups assigned to different areas. The chart of names that you saw in one of the rooms most likely belonged to a supervisor of one of these groups to track their sales quotas or employee data.

I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us and I hope you will give us a future opportunity to be of service to you. . If we can provide you with any further assistance please don't hesitate to call us at 619-698-9444.

Again, thank you for taking the time to give us your comments and have a nice day!

Heritage Inn, La Mesa
cflores@heritagehotelgroup.com

Reviewed December 30, 2011

Let's start with the location.
Right off the highway means directly on the highway here. If I jump out this window I will be directly in traffic. If you absolutely have to stay here make sure you come from the west or take the side roads. I promise you will miss it if you don't.

Second, the rooms.
The smell is tolerable but I should't smell anything. This place looks like it was built by a mentally disabled contractor. Yup I said it. The location is bad enough but then I have a gap under my door big enough to hear anything going on outside. Including the people that decided to hop in the pool at 11pm last night. The TV looks like its older than me which isn't a problem because I expected as much for the price but at least have working tvs. The tube must be going on this one because the picture is barely visible. The refrigerator was there for decoration... That's right it did not work. The lights on a timer... Eh I understand but its not just the lights. The outlets are on a timer. If you leave your phone plunged in next to the bed, good luck making a call in the morning. No closet just a rack and a couple wire hangers. The bathroom was barely big enough for a toddler.

The Facilities,
They allow dogs!!! Maybe the only plus. There is a pool and a hot tub. The parking is ok... The spaces need to be enlarged to accommodate vehicles from this millennium.

The staff was pleasant. No problems there. I'm just trying to understand how my room rate jumped $20 in one day. If I was going to pay $65/night I would have stayed at the extended stay. And that is where I will be moving soon.

If you need a night to lay your head then go for it but any longer than one night... Stay at your own risk.

• Stayed: December 2011
5  Thank DAL87
Connie F, General Manager at Heritage Inn La Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2016

Dear guest,

Please accept my apology for taking so long to respond to your e mail.
I apologize for not exceeding yours expectations . We strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying.
Please know that we are taking your feedback to hear and focus on improving. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you .
Again I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Sincerely

Reviewed December 16, 2011

The staff there is very nice, and I found the rooms to be comfortable. I've stayed
here twice, and would stay again

The in-room fridge works out great for me. Do my shopping at Trader Joes, about a
mile or two up the road, and I'm good all week. Shared microwave in the lobby.

Location is good. Near restaurants & shopping. Near SeaWorld I hear (I always travel
on business) Best place around for the price. WiFi works, no problems. Enough TV
stations to keep me happy. 4 in spanish.

The only issue I have is that the lights are on timers, and there weren't enough
plugs in the room for all of my electronics (computer, Android smartphone)

Room Tip: I prefer the one bedroom v the two bedroom. More electrical outlets.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank funutation
Connie F, Manager at Heritage Inn La Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear Guest: Accept my apologies for unexcusable delay in e-mailing you back, thank you for your nice review, Staff & Management appreciated it very much. We miss you, hope to see you soon.

Reviewed September 23, 2011

When I first drove off the freeway, I totally missed the turn off to enter this hotel, which is smack right by the freeway on/offramps. The hotel is OK, and for around $50/night during the summer was the best I could find at the time, because the city is a popular destination for the summer. The $50ish price is for one bed. If you want two, you have to pay $20 more.

Anyway, the room was decent, nothing bad but nothing that reeks awesome. Conveniently located between SD and El Cajon, and not far if you want to hit up some Indian Casinos. Lots of malls nearby with WMs and Targets if you like that (I collect Hot Wheels, so places like that do me well). The complimentary breakfast was OK- they get some good donuts, but will run out if you don't get there soon enough.

I got this place as a last resort to the hotels in the Mission Valley area, and for the time I went, I paid more than I did when I went to SD during the offpeak season. For the price, it was OK, but there are better hotels in the area for sure.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank d l

Dear Guest,
Please accept my apologies for taking so long to answer your more than encouraging review.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to da everything possible to create and enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

If we can be of help don't hesitate to contact us 619-698-9444.

Again , thanks for taking the time and have a great day

Reviewed September 15, 2011

A friend was visiting from Las Vegas and managed to choose this place based on the cost. I visited with her. This place is tough to get in and out of and is clearly being used as a long-term stay place. The room was clean but spartan would be the best/nicest description. They have a pool and it looked clean but I wouldn't stay here. I didn't feel safe just leaving my car and I was concerned about her being there, though she was fine during her trip. In retrospect though we both agreed it would have been better for her to stay in Old Town or somewhere.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank RSMGuy

Dear guest,

Please accept my apology for taking so long to respond to your e mail.

Sincerely

Best Western Plus La Mesa San Diego
Motel 6 La Mesa CA
Motel 6 La Mesa CA
#2 of 8 in La Mesa

Been to Heritage Inn La Mesa? Share your experiences!