“What a dive”

Heritage Inn La Mesa
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in La Mesa
Reviewed September 15, 2011

A friend was visiting from Las Vegas and managed to choose this place based on the cost. I visited with her. This place is tough to get in and out of and is clearly being used as a long-term stay place. The room was clean but spartan would be the best/nicest description. They have a pool and it looked clean but I wouldn't stay here. I didn't feel safe just leaving my car and I was concerned about her being there, though she was fine during her trip. In retrospect though we both agreed it would have been better for her to stay in Old Town or somewhere.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank RSMGuy
Connie F, General Manager at Heritage Inn La Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2016

Please accept my apology for taking so long to respond to your e mail.
I apologize for not exceeding yours expectations . We strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying.
Please know that we are taking your feedback to hear and focus on improving. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you .
Again I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Reviewed September 4, 2011

I noticed the Heritage Inn while staying at the nearby Holiday Inn. At the time (last May) the Heritage looked a little shabby, but they've obviously spent a lot of time working on it. While the TV and carpeting is a little old, it's clear they've recently painted things and they're working on other improvements. The in-room A/C works well as does the plumbing. The traffic noise from nearby I-8 was noticeable, which is one thing you get less of at the Holiday Inn since their rooms are connected to interior hallways. There are some restaurants and a Starbucks about a five minute walk away. Overall, a fairly comfortable place to stay for a decent price.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Matt M

Dear Guest,
Please accept my apologies for taking so long to answer your more than encouraging review.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to da everything possible to create and enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

If we can be of help don't hesitate to contact us 619-698-9444.

Again , thanks for taking the time and have a great day

Reviewed August 25, 2011

Never go there, bad place, expensive for that price you can get something better

• Stayed: July 2011
4  Thank Carlos_Pc208b

Reviewed August 25, 2011

I stayed there two nights. The bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean! It was a hot day and the sparkling cool pool was very welcome too! The front desk staff where very friendly and helpfull as well! This place is one of the best values for the money in the area. I would stay there agian anytime! It is also in a location near several good places to eat and shop! And easy to get to.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Markst62

Dear Guest,

If we can be of help don't hesitate to contact us 619-698-9444.

Again , thanks for taking the time and have a great day

Reviewed January 13, 2011

Prostitution in the room next door.....MULTIPLE men in the room ... very loud. Apparently one woman. Calls to the desk were answered by a very rude man. "Security" apparently very well acquainted with prostitute...entered room without knocking. Nothing done to correct the situation.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank dichrolady

Reviewed August 14, 2010

This hotel seems horrible at first, chances are it may be!! After staying at this hotel NEVER WANTED TO COME BACK. And when we got home, a family member got bed bug bites. Not from her our home, but from this exact hotel!!!!!!! The bites are all over the arm, a little bit on the face, and so on.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank Vacatioooon

Reviewed March 13, 2010

Didn't get much sleep due to police activity in the room a few doors down.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple

#2 of 8 in La Mesa
Super 8 El Cajon CA
Super 8 El Cajon CA
#3 of 15 in El Cajon

Been to Heritage Inn La Mesa? Share your experiences!