“Great beers, great food, great place”

Karl Strauss Brewing Company
Ranked #18 of 1,237 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
San Diego, California
“Great beers, great food, great place”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Beside a GREAT choice of home brewed beers, they do really food, I like their fish'n'chips, their ahi Tuna Salads, and signature burgers. The Outdoor patio is awesome to enjoy beers and food !

• Visited July 2013

• Turkish first
San Diego, California
“Generally good selections, but nothing really sticking it to the craft for me yet!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I like what they have to offer, but nothing amazing yet, or really getting me to talk it up too much. Service is always great, and it's always a nice setting, so don't expect to be disappointed, but not blown away either.

Visited June 2013
Oslo, Norway
“Vibrant place; excellent value for money”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed in La Jolla for three nights and went to this place twice. Good meat, delicious sallads and - with kids - excellent desserts. Very attentive service.

Visited July 2013
Plainsboro, New Jersey
“Great Food,Service & Beer!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We always try to find a local brewery when we travel since my husband makes his own home brew. We found this great place had awesome brews but fantastic food and service too! Definitely try this place when in the downtown La Jolla area. Prices are very reasonable.

• Visited July 2013
Plano, Texas
“YUM”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This place is a little pricey, but the food was fabulous. We enjoyed the selection of hand crafted beers. I'm vegetarian and while there were not many options for me, I loved the black bean burger. My family had actual burgers and raved. We sat outside. Lovely, fun, great service.

Visited July 2013