“Good food, good brews”

Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The title says it all, what more could you ask for? The service was good too, so that was a plus. And the prices weren't expensive.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We were walking the streets of La Jolla trying to decide which restuarant would have something for everyone in my picky family. We decided upon Karl's, and it was a hit!
The food was terrific - from salads and macaroni to chicken.
Service was wonderful, and it had a great atmosphere.
We were there for a late lunch but I'm sure it's even better at dinner.
Great place!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We went here for some lunch. We sat out on the patio and had a few beers. The best part was our waitress brought us samples of the beers that they suggested we have with our meals. They were very knowledgeable about the selection. And if the beer and food doesn't interest you, go for the people watching.

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Went to Karl's during a business trip. They made me feel like I was one of the regulars. Very welcoming and very knowledgable of their extensive micro brews. Lots of suggestions for menu items to choose from and kept givin me samples if other ales and stouts just to tempt me. I'll be back.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Enjoyed visit and shared an appetiser. Beer was good and food reasonable with friendly service but I thought it was expensive for what it was