“Best Little Cafe”

Ranked #57 of 1,242 Restaurants in La Jolla
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 27, 2012

In a nutshell, friendly, tasty, reasonable and great atomosphere. Love their sandwiches, salads, soups, coffee and baked goods. Worth the small line.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

This is a very nice place to have espresso, etc. I came out of the rain and into this cozy warm cafe. It was very pleasant.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Scones were worth the trip. Bought some to take back and ate them in the car.

Reviewed October 22, 2011

The Brick & Bell has quickly become THE place for coffee/scones/etc in the morning. Peter, the owner, has hired an all female staff of Brazilian women who are incredibly hard working, sweet, and understand customer service.

They make all of their own goodies, and the scones are infamous in LJ.

Their sandwiches for lunch are outstanding, as are most of their soups (though some are mediocre, ie Chicken Noodle). The Mediterranean sandwich is the best veggie sandwich I've ever tasted.

Great staff, friendly service, tons of locals, and terrific food. Definitely a gem in LJ.

Reviewed August 5, 2011

After our visit in the La Jolla Cove, we parked and walked around the shopping/dining area. I pulled out the Urbanspoon app on my iPhone and saw this place was nearby. The building is very small, but they have seating outside. We went on a Saturday afternoon and it wasn't crowded at all.

I read reviews about how good the chocolate chip cookies were so I ordered one with my soup and sandwich. The cookie was probably the best chocolate chip cookie I've ever tasted. The sandwich was very tasty and the soup was good and hot since they are made to order. I would recommend this place for lunch if you want good sandwiches and cookies!