“Fabulous experience”

Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous experience”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

While on vacation in the San Diego area and venturing up the coastline by car, we found the Gliderport and stopped to see the beautiful paragliders. There were quite a few of them in the air and they looked so peaceful and beautiful in the sky. I'm not big on heights but gathered enough courage to go back the next day for a tandem adventure. It was so beautiful and peaceful up there and the homes along the coastline are unbelievable when you have a bird's eye view. My guide was terrific too. I bought the photo package for $30 and it was worth it. Got a printed 8x10 and a disk of all the photos taken (about 10-12). The conceirge at the resort we were staying at was able to locate a $10 coupon to reduce the cost just a bit. Definitely worth the $. My only complaint is that there were only portajohns available but everything else was great.

Visited June 2011

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Picturesque area...”
Reviewed August 21, 2011

This is a nice place to stroll and take some pictures after your tour at UC San Diego. It's just across the campus and a really nice place to watch people gliding. One thing is the parking is too much dusty. Overall it's a free scenic view of San Diego and it's coastline.

Visited August 2011
Fairhope, Alabama
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 126 helpful votes
“Once in a lifetime experience.”
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Our 7 year old daughter wanted to parasail so off we went and drove to the gliderport in Torrey Pines. It's a laid-back place with people having a picknick (brought their own food) and others eating the sandwiches bought at the small restaurant on site. Views are amazing. We waited about 45 minutes for her turn and then they strapped her in and off the cliff she went on a tandem ride with the guide. We paid extra for the video/photo package and can't stress enough that you really ought to buy this package. The bird's eye video and the action photos are AMAZING. Our daughter loved her ride and we tipped the guide $20 as we were told is customary. Overall, it was a once in a lifetime experience both for our daughter and ourselves.

1 Thank pokerman
Birmingham, Alabama
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Awesome”
Reviewed June 9, 2011

What a find in the lovely Torrey Pines State Reserve! This unassuming little structure sits at the edge of some of the most majestic cliffs I've ever seen. I opted to do a tandem parasailing session, which takes about 20 to 30 minutes, and it was unforgettable. I can't describe how peaceful it is to coast in silence along the cliffs and over the ocean, taking in the views, even on a gray and misty day. The instructor was terrific and very skilled - I never had a moment's doubt about my safety. It can get chilly up there, so they'll provide flight suits to keep you comfortable.

If you prefer not to be airborne, you can have a seat at one of the picnic tables and watch the action. There's a little cafe on-site with a surprisingly varied menu and good food, so my advice is to stay for lunch and make an afternoon of it. I wouldn't have missed the entire experience for the world.

Visited May 2011
2 Thank FamOf3_11
Clearwater, FL
147 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 301 helpful votes
“I mean they run over the cliff and hope it works”
Reviewed April 27, 2011

This is a great half day. You sit and watch them assemble their chute or hang glider. And then they run and jump off the cliff. And they fly like seagulls! And college girls drive up, pay $150 and go tandem with an experienced "pilot". I totally wimped out.

Visited April 2011