“Outstanding”
Review of Osteria Romantica

Osteria Romantica
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria Romantica is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 1,241 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We stayed just around the corner at the La Jolla Beach and Tennis Club. We spent the day traveling cross country and were looking for a good restaurant. We're glad we stopped in.

It was a Tuesday, and lucky for us, the restaurant has a 50% off special on bottles of wine which we took advantage of.

The menu was filled with lots of typical Italian stand-bys, as well as some non-traditional items. I had a beet salad to start and chose one of my favorites- the pork osso bucco. It was one of the best I've ever had- large shank, delicious, falling off the bone tender.

We went back with colleagues a few nights later and I had it again.

Would certainly go back when I'm in town. Strongly recommend.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

It was very popular, but worth the wait for a table. We sat outside and despite the chill, the heaters placed nearby heated up nicely. We had a pasta dish. Very good.

1  Thank TlCastronovo
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We like to go here with visiting families and friends : there is a casual friend atmosphere in a location close to the La Jolla Shores and caves. The bread and tomato sauce to dip it in is so tasty. I often orders two appetizers and find them very satisfying. try salad with pear , try calamari in tomatoes ace with spinach, or duck salad !! My husband will most likely take the fish daily special.
As the evening goes on it becomes more noisy and the light dims.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I love this place. It is cute and romantic yet casual, the servers are incredibly nice, and the food is delicious every time. I've sampled a number of dishes, but there is a special place in my heart for the gnocchi (which always leaves me in the happiest of food comas). This is also my #1 place for tiramisu---it is clearly made in-house, in the traditional way with the real ingredients. It can get busy (as it should), but the food and overall atmosphere is divine.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Great local spot with traditional Italian food. Come dressy or casual they are happy to greet you and give you great service and food.