“The plainest cheese sandwich I have ever had”
Review of Girard Gourmet

Girard Gourmet
Ranked #24 of 1,237 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Virginia
“The plainest cheese sandwich I have ever had”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Ordered a cheese sandwich for the airplane trip back. A roll, cut in half, slathered with mustard, a few pieces of cheese on top, delivered with uninterest! Girard used to be kind of inventive and creative, not so much anymore.

Visited October 2013

San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First-class bakery”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Strawberry rhubarb tart. You can't get this sort of thing everywhere, and when you do find it, there's a good chance that it will be far too sweet. They let me sample theirs, so that I could be sure. Tart as a tart should be! These people are fine bakers of fruit pies, tarts, and imaginatively decorated cookies. That's all I know right now, but I'm waiting for an excuse to try the full range of their cooking.

Visited October 2013
Terrace, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Sandwiches +”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I visited this little restaurant by sheer chance. They made what my wife described as the best sandwich she had ever had! My ham and cheese croissant and mac & cheese were also great. Great value for a good price.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank William A
Delft, The Netherlands
“A little disappointed”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Because of all the good reviews we did decide to go for lunch, but a little disappointing. The bread was really soft because of all what was on and not very tasty too. The juices were great.

• Visited October 2013
Sierra Vista
“Local favorite”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I've been here several times and I always get good food......tasty, healthy, ample and handmade while I wait.......sandwiches. Good seating outside, but often crowded and slow. Share a sandwich, sit in the sun and watch the parade of tourists.

• Visited September 2013