“Great view and good food”

Brockton Villa Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Brockton Villa Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 1,242 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Prospect
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Creative breakfast menu alongside a great ocean view and easy walk from our inn made this a perfect last vacation day choice!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We were seated directly in front of the dishwashing area which was very unpleasant. our backs were right up against the noise of the dishes being washed and stacked. Service was extremely slow. Took an unusually long time before anyone came and asked us for our drink order. Food was very mediocre and not worth the money. I failed to see anything positive about this place so am not understanding the high reviews. We are not fish eaters, so maybe the fish dishes stand out more.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stayed in La Jolla for a week and although there are a number of lovely places to eat, this was by far our favourite.

The food was beautiful and very reasonably priced. I don't usually enjoy fish dishes but decided to try the halibut after seeing it being served at another table, and my partner had the salmon. Both were delicate and tasty, and pefectly balanced.

The staff were very friendly and attentive, and made us feel really welcome, without being overbearing. We sat on the balcony and had spectacular views. We could hear the seals on the rocks, and were lucky enough to see some dolphins frolicking in the sea.

We'd been to George's on a previous evening, and were left pretty disappointed with the whole experience (apart from the very attentive waiting staff), whereas Brockton had it all-beautiful views, skilled chefs/great dishes, friendly staff and extremely good value for money. We'll definitely be going back at the next opportunity we get!

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Plenty to choose from, breakfast, brunch, and lunch. Reasonable prices and large fresh portions and a spectacular view.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

This is a historical cottage right on the cove. Great location! That is where my review departs from my companion's. I had the fish tacos...I am sorry but it is really hard to mess up fish tacos...these, without the 5 alarm sauce were dry...I just don't do that spicy and the server had said the sauce was mild. My companion, however, had the brunch omelette special and very much enjoyed that and the breakfast potatoes. They did give us a great table with a wonderful view!