“not as good as it used to be”

Brockton Villa Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Brockton Villa Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 1,234 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Prospect
Reviewed February 27, 2014

we were looking forward to going back to Brockton Villa for breakfast, as we enjoyed this place very much on previous trips. The ambience was wonderful as always, cant beat the view, but the food was very much lacking. We had breakfast and it was fairly mediocre, scramble eggs tasted pre made and toast was burned. I doubt we'll be back

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I had their signature french toast with fruit. It was very good though the orange flavor wasn't really detectable in my dish. My husband had the pancakes. I tasted them and they were really not worthy to be on the menu in our opinion. Just fluffy flour nothings - no flavor, nothing special. I had read about the 1920's era abalone shell-faced fireplace and seeing it in person was very cool. You really can't get the full impact from a photo. The coffee was quite strong and acidic - not smooth or mellow. No espresso drinks. Nice ambiance. Eat outside on the deck, inside or on the porch. Service was very quick and friendly. They have the recipe for the french toast available for you to try at home and you'll find it also on Pinterest. I would definitely return. My husband wasn't as enchanted.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Went here with friends for breakfast. We sat outside overlooking the ocean . I had the egg Benedict very tasty and I tried some of the other entries the others were having it they were delicious as well. Our server was so kind and quick. Loved this place!!!

Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

This cute restaurant sits just above La Jolla Cove and offers very tasty food. The fruit, bacon, salmon, and etc were all very good. The staff was friendly as well.

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

This is a must stop if visiting San Diego. Try and wait for an outside table the view is worth the wait. The food here is delish! The French toast is their signature dish which is great! Today I had the smoke salmon Benedict which I loved. Come eat and enjoy the view