“Nice for families”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed August 4, 2014

While in San Diego to visit grand kids, we ate here. It was all good. I requested a modified order on an item and they accommodated wonderfully. We had the southeast corner table which had a great view of that beautiful Mormon Temple across the freeway.

There are newer reviews for Islands Restaurant

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Visited mid-afternoon during slow time. No wait. Food was good and service was friendly and polite. No issues. Ate chips/salsa, burgers, and fries. Food was of average food chain quality, but sufficient. Burgers were cooked to our request and fresh.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Really enjoy their hamburger or turkey burger. Good service lots of food and fries. Fun place to go with friends for lunch. Always walked out happy.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I come to Islands with my coworkers about once a week for lunch because of the great food and service. The lunch prices are very reasonable and Brenton, our server, takes great care of us. The unlimited fries are delicious (they usually bring us out a basket first), but try not to let the fries fill you up too much before your burger etc comes.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

The service was good and the food just ok. The problem was the TERMITES which swarmed our table during our meal. One flew into my hair and another in my shirt. I told our server that we would have to move tables and he said "oh, the termites are back" and had no other reaction to what occurred. We did move tables. The waitstaff just sprayed down the windowsill and the booth which were both infested with the flying termites and then sat another party at this same station with termites still flying around. The manager did apologize and did comp my meal, but it seemed as though it was just damage control and nothing else. I really do not know how they have an "A" health department rating. Somebody at the health department is obviously not doing their job if an establishment like this gets an "A". Simply disgusting!!! Will NEVER go to another Islands again.