“Clean,Great value & Customer service!”

La Jolla Beach Travelodge
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in La Jolla
Reviewed July 20, 2010

We love San Diego so much... that we extended our stay here for another night before heading to LA.We read about the good reviews on the Trip advisor and decided to check it out.The customer service was vy helpful when we called in. We did not book via Trip advisor because we coudln't wait for an hour processing as we were nearby there in late evening.It was the last room left and she decided to offer us at a member's rate.I never expected it to be so clean especially the bathroom.To my suprise the bed is comfy than some INNs.This is the INN that I slept the longest close till the check out time for the 1st time throughout my stay in America.Of course,I'm comparing this with other INNs and not hotel here. Well,I must say they deserve the awards & recognition!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,106)

Reviewed July 17, 2010

I traveled to this hotel in early to middle July, but before I went I reviewed some of the negative comments about this place (you’ll find them in the 1star and 2 star sections). First, the staff are helpful and they will answer your questions. Their continental breakfast is great and free (uncomplicated internet) seals the deal. Others have mentioned that door locks are flimsy and I checked this out. The door locks are fine and I don’t think anyone could break in if they tried. Some reviewers also mentioned that the place appeared unsafe and potentially dangers, which is far from true. Coming from Phoenix I expected the environment to be hostile, but found it to be a very nice and safe area. There were no issues with drug sales, drunks, violence or anything else. If you live in a gated community, somewhere on top of a hill and away from civilization, then this place might seem to move kind of fast for you. For every normal person it will be just fine. My only criticism is that the rooms could be renewed a bit, because they’re a bit old, but that’s really all of it. It’s a good place to stay, don’t listen to the naysayers!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Counselor_Gene
Reviewed July 12, 2010

My husband and I were looking for a nice but value-priced getaway. What we found was a little jewel tucked away from the hub-bub but within a short walk or drive to all of the restaurants and shops and one block from the Windansea Beach. The staff was pleasant and even up-graded our room from a queen to a king at no additional charge. We feel lucky to have stumbled upon this place and can't wait to return.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2010

Our room was very large with fridge, wetbar, microwave and in-room coffee as well as a vanity area outside of the bathroom making it convenient for more than one person to get ready at the same time in the morning.

The staff was very friendly and the continental breakfast was copious and staff didn't try to hurry up and put everything away each morning. Additionally fresh fruit was available all day long in the lobby.

The Wind and Sea beach is just one block away and is a very quiet beach compared to others in the area. Hot tub and pool were clean and comfortable temperatures.

We LOVED our stay here and would welcome the opportunity to return!

In the meantime, if you are considering this hotel it is a great value! (A big plus is the "free" parking - many hotels in this area charge a per diem rate for parking.)

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2010

Stayed here as an alternative to the more pricy hotels in La Jolla. For under $80/night this is good value. The room was very clean and staff was friendly. I booked this hotel based on the numerous other positive reviews and I am happy to say that I am in agreement. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Pretty average Travelodge motel but with very nice staff and an unbeatable location just 2 blocks from the nicest beach (Windansea) in La Jolla. Great coffee shop and good Mexican place just next door. Short walk to nearest 7eleven. Very convenient. There is even a public bus stop to take you into downtown San Diego, so this could even be used for a beach vacation without a car.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 25, 2010

This was the best place that my wife and I could of found. First to start of, the staff here is the most friendly we encountered on our cross country trip. We stayed in many hotels from Florida to California and this tops them all. The location is amazing, right down the street from the famous surf break windandsea. You can walk to the beach with your board or go and watch the beautiful sunset from the beach rocks. The hotel is also positioned in just the right place so that you can walk to the beautiful village of lajolla or go for a short bike ride and check out the party life of pacific beach. I would recommend this place to anyone :)

ps: oh and the owner has some cute pugs in the lobby

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Pantai Inn
#1 of 24 in La Jolla
Best Western Plus Island Palms Hotel & Marina
Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine

Been to La Jolla Beach Travelodge? Share your experiences!