The Lodge at Torrey Pines
Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$199
Official Website
  • Pool
La Valencia Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$309
$169
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$189
Hyatt.com
$151
  • Breakfast included
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$172
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Sheraton La Jolla Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$181
$149
Pantai Inn(La Jolla)
$374
La Jolla Beach Travelodge(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$127
La Jolla Shores Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$249
Travelocity
1,309 results
All reviewsthe grillcraftsman stylegolf coursetorrey pinesar valentienarts and craftsstained glasspine treesnon golfersar valentinestate parktee timesgolf resortcar servicesan diegopro shopdel mar
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 17, 2005

In 45 years of staying in hotels thru out he world this is the best of the
the 5 star hotels. The staff was superior in every aspect. The food was above average ( please try the drug store hamburger). our stay was perfect from the check-in to the check-out. every request was handled fast and efficient. The
staff from the room technicians to the front desk was most friendly that I have ever encountered. the Concierge handle every request we made with efficency and professionalism/ I do have two complaints: The Sun was absent all 3 days most of the time except one afternoon, on that day, the most beautiful sunset
I have ever witnessed occurred. Secondly, We did not stay long enough.( only
four days)

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 11, 2005

I was very pleased with the hotel itself. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. Our room was absolutely huge. It featured an extremely comfortable bed with very high-quality linens. The bathroom was spacious as well and had a separate toilet, which was nice. The small touches, like the lavender spray and slippers by the bed were very thoughtful. We had breakfast in our room in the morning, which was wonderful, and in on the patio by the bar, which was interesting. My only problem with the room was that were several doors down from the elevator and could hear it everytime it was used. We turned on the fan and tried to drown it out, but with only limited success.

I suppose it's not the hotel's fault, but I'm not accustomed to such a rowdy bunch of drunks (some from a wedding, some from a convention of sorts, and some just random, run-of-the-mill boozers) at such a nice hotel. I can't say that the hookers at the bar added to the class of the hotel, but given how much it cost to stay there, they were certainly in the right place.

• Stayed: August 2005
8  Thank Easyfour
Reviewed June 14, 2005

This was an interesting hotel, it is smartly and charmingly done in a Frank Lloyd Wright prairie or cottage style, and at the end of my stay I thought to myself that this is the closest I will probably ever come to living in a FLW house.

Surprisingly, I really don't have a desire to live in one, now, however, as the dark wood and wallpapers, while all beautiful, made my large room slightly oppressive. It was literally hard to see my things in the room at times, and others expressed similar thoughts during the meeting. On check out, the front desk clerk told me others have complained about the darkness and you can request extra lamps.

You will not meet a nicer staff or stay in a more carefully arranged and well thought out facility anywhere. Nor does the property feel like it is trying to program you the way a Disney hotel does, there is none of that feeling (although the kilts on the doormen may strike one as a little twee). The pool and hottub are beautifully landscaped, although because they are in the middle of one wing of the hotel it is better for families rather than dedicated sun worshipping adults. The amenities in the room are first rate. The proximity to the Torrey Pines Reserve is fantastic, made for a nice change of pace for taking runs or hikes compared to the usual business trip.

I was at the hotel for work. The ballroom has a nice intimate feel to it, as do the smaller conference rooms. Most have terrific natural light, although as with the guest rooms some more light is needed for detailed work.

F&B was of consistently good to very good quality, but with a surprising drawback: at almost every buffet event the dishes were not labeled (a problem in dark rooms!) and they consistently ran out of some items & did not refresh them. This is puzzling since, according to the meeting organizers at no time did we have more people than reserved. Yet 3-4 times the "gourmet" items (a shrimp appetizer, the prosciutto with pears, etc) ran out well before the end of the line, and the dishes stayed empty. It was a little embarrassing for the meeting organizers, actually, as it looked cheap, and this hotel is definitely not inexpensive!

I don't usually like to spend a ton of money on lodging, so if I were going to this area for vacation, I might stay at the Hilton next door (literally), but splurge on a couple of meals at the Lodge and drinks in the lobby of this hotel.

10  Thank nyjim