The Lodge at Torrey Pines
$189
$187
$169
  • Restaurant
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$172
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$189
  • Pool
Residence Inn San Diego La Jolla(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$159
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express La Jolla(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$168
$161
$159
  • Breakfast included
La Jolla Shores Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$249
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
La Valencia Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$309
  • Pool
La Jolla Beach Travelodge(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$118
1,297 results
All reviewsthe grillcraftsman stylegolf coursetorrey pinesar valentienarts and craftsstained glasspine treesnon golfersar valentinestate parktee timesgolf resortcar servicesan diegopro shopdel mar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 2, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Lodge for Christmas. From beginning to end the stay was wonderful. The entire property is tastefully decorated in the craftsman style and is very well maintained. The rooms are large and very comfortable. The staff was very helpful and pleasant to deal with. Especially helpful were the concierge and kilt-wearing doormen. Dining opportunities were high-quality if a bit pricey. A.R. Valentien, the primary restaurant had a somewhat limited menu but the quality was outstanding. The Grill was quite good as well but a bit loud for my tastes. The only drawback was the relative isolation of the location but La Jolla and Delmar were only a short drive away, if you have a car you'll have no problems.
In all a very nice experience and one that we'd be happy to repeat.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nearlycanadian
Reviewed November 13, 2008

The Lodge at Torrey Pines is located in a beautiful and quiet area. Lots of walking trails, gorgeous nature - the ocean is close by. The service is excellent. - absolutely unpretentious and not uppity. This is an expensive lodge and we've stayed at a lot of $$$$ resorts where the staff have attitude and if you're not dripping with money, you're treated like second class citizens. We choose to dress casually and all the staff we met were approachable, friendly and seemed to value our choosing their lodge to stay at. The valets smiled, didn't make us feel guilty for not valet parking (we were dropped off by friends), opened doors easily and we were comfortable interacting with any one of the staff. We were warmly welcomed at the front desk. The stained glass, lovely wooded reception area was beautiful. The hallways are long and the rooms good sized but these rooms are definitely 'lodge' style. The bedspreads and rugs could use replacing. Sheets and bedding were comfortable and very clean. Bathroom had shower/bath combo. I would have liked the room better if it had newer furnishings. Chairs were old too - no cushion support left. FREE wireless Internet - very, very nice touch. No ice machine on floor but when I called for ice, the service was very fast, friendly and unassuming - they didn't stand around waiting for a tip though I was happy to give them one. The ice was delivered in a beautiful ice container. We stayed here for the proximity to trails and nature and were not disappointed. Our daughter lives near UCSD so we also wanted to be close to her. I think maybe we'll try the HIlton or Marriott next time but the stay was certainly not bad - I just really like newer furnishings. It would be a great place for a conference or family reunion - lots of rooms, situated close to each other. If you stay here - get a room on an upper floor with a balcony. Sitting outside in the sun amid the pines was great. Beautiful grounds - upkeep was perfect.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank catgetsdown
Reviewed October 5, 2008

Torrey Pines Lodge is the best hotel I have stayed at in all my years of traveling. Complete staff did an outstanding job in making my wife and I feel like a king and queen during our entire stay of 5 days. They even gave us a complementry bottle of champane for our 42nd wedding Anniversery. The only problem I see is that the golf course does not give Lodge guest any golf discounts even though they are the majority of the ones that support the pro shop with merchandise purchases. The other problem I see is all hotels now charge the guest over $20.00 for self parking which is now become a common occurance at most big hotel chains which I think is rediculous. When you pay $400.00 or more for a room you would think parking would be included. The last two reason is why I did not rate the Lodge as excellent. I also do not know if the hotel has any say on what golf fees are but if they do they should intervene and give the guest a break.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank buddyboy12
Reviewed September 19, 2008

Most of the previous reviews are spot on so I will try not to be redundant. I stayed at the lodge for 2 nights recently. I was there to attend a small business meeting (30 people).

The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The staff is very helpful, they go out of their way to assist. The meeting space is adequate for a small VIP group meeting, but seems more appropriate for parties and weddings.

The noise of the military jets flying over is constant and can be quite distracting. If you are looking for pure peace and quite, this isn't the spot for you.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank vgchao
Reviewed September 15, 2008

La Jolla CA--The Lodge Torrey Pines--Five Star

Most high end properties are all about the same when it comes to the amenities, restaurants and overall quality of the property. The differentiator is the people and obviously the location. We make at least one trip to the San Diego area each year. The wonderful experience starts at The Lodge Torrey Pines when you make the initial contact for the reservation. The reservations department is always quick to give you the details for the best package that fits your requirements. As you drive up to the receiving area, the Bellmen are so friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. The check-in is a very easy process and you are quickly off to your room. The complimentary sedan service is a nice but unexpected treat. The golf and sports personnel are first class and always quick to help you out even when you don't do the best job of planning. The front desk is always staffed with enough professionals to get you on your way in a hurry. The Spa is first class and can usually accomodate last minute requests. The restaurants are exceptional and priced very fairly.

Stayed: August 2008